Admin - a few Q's | ExpatWoman.com

Admin - a few Q's

Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 11:48

On the edit profile feature

There isn't a mailing list select option for the UK?

Is it possible to change your user name? (tried but it did not confirm the action)

Uploaded an avatar, the action was confirmed but nothing has appeared yet?

TIA

Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 13:38
It sure does - thanks!
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 13:15
Hi Stix, No they don't but the moderator may edit the rest of the thread to remove comments about the deleted comment to get the thread back on track. So a post may get deleted not because it is anything wrong but it may be referring to something deleted and doesn't make sense/ need to stay there. HTH EW Admin
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 12:55
If someone deletes their comment, and subsequent posters have quoted that comment, do all the posts delete?
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 17:20
I used Firefox. Fairydust mine didn't look as if it worked either, but it could be that it's in the pending pile wating for admin approval. Ok, will wait and see. Didn't see it in the upload box though. No mine didn't show either. Looked like nothing was attached. Me neither.. It didn't show but when I pressed update, it said successful and now it's showing! Wahoo!
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 16:33
I used Firefox. Fairydust mine didn't look as if it worked either, but it could be that it's in the pending pile wating for admin approval. Ok, will wait and see. Didn't see it in the upload box though. No mine didn't show either. Looked like nothing was attached.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 16:05
I used Firefox. Fairydust mine didn't look as if it worked either, but it could be that it's in the pending pile wating for admin approval. Ok, will wait and see. Didn't see it in the upload box though.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 16:02
I used Firefox. Fairydust mine didn't look as if it worked either, but it could be that it's in the pending pile wating for admin approval.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 15:59
Maybe it would help others who are struggling if those who have managed to upload their avatars listed what browsers it did work with For me it worked on an iPad using Safari... Did not work on a PC using Explorer or Google Chrome <em>edited by Di@DXB on 25/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 15:40
I can't get the avatar to upload. Tried in Explorer and Firefox, it's the correct size. Just doesn't work :(
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 10:54
I can't see where to edit my profile on my iPad, duh....... Yeh it's there!! :lol:
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 09:04
I can't see where to edit my profile on my iPad, duh....... Yes, you cannot see the profile tab when you are already logged in to the forum, you have to log out, log in again and only on the first page that comes up the profile tab is up on the top right hand side. It should show on your iPad, mine does. hth <em>edited by Di@DXB on 25/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 05:58
I can't see where to edit my profile on my iPad, duh.......
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 00:19
Just done mine again - said changes saved successfully but still no avatar... The avatars have to be approved before they will appear... This is done during office hours... So if approved will appear in the morning. Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 23:50
Just done mine again - said changes saved successfully but still no avatar... Shame, seems the main issues are, the right size of Jpeg and type of browser, if you have sized the image ok and tried on Safari or Firefox it should have worked. It did not work for me with Chrome only with Safari on an iPad. Hope you get it sorted.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 23:33
Just done mine again - said changes saved successfully but still no avatar...
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 19:47
Nice ones :) Anyway think I will name change shortly. It's getting boring being the same person for so long. :evil: Mines showing at long last....Hurray! Tattie are you going to be BM or a TB? Talking of name changes what's happened to Izzy.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 17:01
Nice ones :) Anyway think I will name change shortly. It's getting boring being the same person for so long. :evil:
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 14:04
DT I have just done another. If this one doesn't work,then I'll just go for EWs camel one. Congrats! Very Nice :)
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 13:18
Uploaded mine on IPad this morning. Straightforward and avatar appeared almost immediately.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 12:11
I can't even upload the image using Chrome (39.0.2171.65) it doesn't appear to attach the image. With Firefox, it looks as if it works...but will see, so far no show :thinking:
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 11:24
I did mine at the same time as Di but it's still not showing...said it was waiting for review... When you uploaded the image did you see it in the upload box? I had that issue even though I got the submitted confirmation the image had not attached. It was the browser that was the problem. Maybe try another browser
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 11:18
DT I have just done another. If this one doesn't work,then I'll just go for EWs camel one.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 11:12
I did mine at the same time as Di but it's still not showing...said it was waiting for review...
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 11:10
Hi! We've just approved the pending ones.... Di@dxb you're live now :) Alismum you're not in the system- please can you let us know what browser you're using and what version it is so we can double check it is working on that. Thanks in advance, EW Admin Some nice avatars :) I am using Firefox 33.1.1 but I do have Chrome and IE as well, so I can try one of those.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 10:17
Thanks Di! I love yours by the way! Thanks Coffeebean, its my daily cup of camel milk cappuccino! BTW You will need to wait a bit for the image to appear as its screened manually. will look out for yours :)
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 10:12
Thanks Di! I love yours by the way!
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 10:09
Love it! ...how did y'all do it? You will need to log out and then log in again, on the first page you will see a tab for your Profile, click on that and input your password and upload a Jpeg of the size indicated. Put in the captcha and press save. Fingers crossed!
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 10:07
Love it! ...how did y'all do it?
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 09:54
Thank you so much! And I discovered what the problem was for me, it would not upload on Google Chrome on my PC at all but worked fine on Safari on my iPad. In case this may help others to know. Nice to see the all the avatars appearing now :)
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 08:40
Hi! We've just approved the pending ones.... Di@dxb you're live now :) Alismum you're not in the system- please can you let us know what browser you're using and what version it is so we can double check it is working on that. Thanks in advance, EW Admin

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY