Advice when looking to rent in "The Pearl" | ExpatWoman.com

Advice when looking to rent in "The Pearl"

Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 11:53

Hi there
I'm moving to Doha in Jan 2015 for 12 months with Husband and our now 19 month Son. We have been advised by Hubby work to look to rent an appartment in The Pearl. My question is what towers are the most suited to family lifestyle.

We're 30-something's and from the UK, it's important for me that I'm near mummy & baby groups, swimming lessons, community life etc...

Can anyone offer me any advice on better apartments blocks to target our search, as my Hubby flys to Doha tomorrow and will kick off our appartment search before my arrival.

Thanks all x

Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 16:56
Hi there We live on The Pearl (but no kids). I would suggest that you just see what is available, as regards apartments, with companies such as Betterhomes, LS Keep Moving, Correo (mycorreo.com)...there are not hundreds available, so would just check websites for size and pricings for what you can afford. There are get togethers for people with kids, coffee mornings, etc., and I imagine most towers have lots of kids living there, so you would not have a problem with meeting other mothers. We even have a forum for people living here (you have to be living here to join, as it's a secret group) and lots of meetings are announced on there. We are in Sabban Towers (Complex of Towers 8,9 and 10) and it's a nice place to live and lots of kids too...