New to Abu Dhabi from the UK - husband looking for Work... | ExpatWoman.com

New to Abu Dhabi from the UK - husband looking for Work...

Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 16:43

Hi there!

My husband and I moved to Abu Dhabi three weeks ago with my job.

My husband was a qualified in Construction Site Management in the UK and is currently looking for work here. We've heard that networking and direct connections are the best way to find out about opportunities and I thought Expat Woman would be a good place to start. If anyone has any hints, tips or even good contacts it would be most appreciated. I look forward to joining the community! :-)

Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 22:09
unfortunately its a bit slow at the mo... and people here who have gulf experience usually manage to secure jobs with networking etc... coming from the uk you need to learn how things work here... linkein is good as with all the other sites as mentioned before etc
Latest post on 19 January 2015 - 09:16
Agree with Suzy. Use Gulf Talent!! Get your CV up and start applying for jobs that suit your DH... even ones that are above or below what he is expecting. This will help get his CV to the recruitment agencies who will then keep it on file once they get the information and what type of job, pay, benifits etc... he is in search of. I did it at one point to see what my title was really worth in this country and the calls just don't stop... almost to the point of being annoying.
Latest post on 19 January 2015 - 08:58
Networking is the key. Is he on LinkedIn? Try to attend some of the British Business Group/Irish Business Group/etc events. Look on Gulf Talent. He needs to get out there...
Latest post on 18 January 2015 - 11:40
I wish I had advice... just sending support (and bumping ? :) as I know the pain-- husband is looking for work too and it's slow process. Hang in there!