Want is the difference between an x-box and a wii? | ExpatWoman.com

Want is the difference between an x-box and a wii?

Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 09:31
My boys and girls all play with our xbox which is 6 years old and still going strong. The graphics are great and I make them play a connect game (where they have to get up and really move around) if they want to play a butt on the couch game. For younger ones I would look into buying the old xbox console if you are thinking of going that route. Unless you or your husband plan on spending lots of time on the console I would get the cheaper model and see if you and the kids like it. You can buy plenty of used games in Satwa that are of perfect quality. My kids have played on Wii at friends homes and they don't like it as much as the xbox.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 18:39
It's GAMING... It's A FORUM...
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 18:23
To actually answer the OP's question, the key differences are the processing power of the consoles, and the range of games available. There are actually three choices when it comes to games consoles - the X-box One, the PS4 and the Wii U (note that the older versions of all of them - the X-box 360, PS3 and Wii - are still widely available). Out of those, the PS4 is the most powerful on paper and the Wii U is the least powerful. You need to find out *why* each of your kids wants the console that they do, and that will be down to the games they want to play. Some games are only available on one console, others are available across two or even all three. Worst-case, each of your kids wants games that are only available on different consoles, in which case it's obviously up to you to decide who wins.... This article might give you some insight: [url=http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-next-gen-pre-order-confessional-the-usg-team-reveals-all'>X-box One vs PS4 vs Wii U[/url'> <em>edited by Madge_Gustard on 24/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 16:23
It's GAMING...
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 16:02
No mountain being made - only saying a point as to why consoles are not gender specific and adding an additional thing for the OP to consider - that gaining is not always as bad as the wrap it gts. It can be but cards can be addictive too. And OP is asking for insight on gaining, it is helpful for her to receive varied perspective whether it be from people against or people who really love it.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 15:08
Mountain, molehill Londiamond! Only one poster said the x-box was for boys....
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 14:22
Everyone has said that as it is girls not to do it. I LOVED these consoles. I do think the Wii is kid friendly however not all girls want KIDS things. There are quest games lie Hobbit etc. and they have to think of strategies to pass levels. As long as gaining is on a clocked limit and they have breaks, sit back from the screen etc. these can be enjoyable.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 14:15
Neither. PS4. Sony leads the gaming world. If there was NO OPTION other than XBOX or Wii though, it'd be XBOX ONE. As there are note features on it than the Wii and it has the Kinecct controllers nowadays.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 11:56
Now the xbox........ Waste of money, unless you have a 14 year old son geek that loves car racing!!! Hope this helps :) I'm not a geeky 14 year old boy but I love busting out some moves to Dance Central on the X-Box Kinect! Mum2girls, I suggest you go and have a look at the games available for each console and see which ones you think would be most suitable for your children. You can try them out in Virgin MOE. Me and dd do 'our moves ' on the wii, and dh and ds race cars, everyones happy ! The games our children play are bought by us, there are no 18+ games in our house, time playing is also controlled . edited to add: I should have specified that we have the xbox One, so not a huge choice of games, our son has 1 car racing game <em>edited by dollybird on 24/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 11:42
Now the xbox........ Waste of money, unless you have a 14 year old son geek that loves car racing!!! Hope this helps :) I'm not a geeky 14 year old boy but I love busting out some moves to Dance Central on the X-Box Kinect! Mum2girls, I suggest you go and have a look at the games available for each console and see which ones you think would be most suitable for your children. You can try them out in Virgin MOE.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 11:32
Really think long and hard before you buy these as gifts. The older your children get the more time they spend on games. All the boys I know (even as young as 8) want to play killing games like call of duty, which is rated 18. I have banned all games in my house as they are just so addictive.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 10:34
Hi mum2girls, You have girls, i would look more at the wii ,its more family friendly, but there are not many new games as the wii u seems to have taken over. Not sure if you can use wii u games on the wii,but we have lots of Family fun with it sports games,dance,board games etc you can find something for all the family to play. Now the xbox........ Waste of money, unless you have a 14 year old son geek that loves car racing!!! Hope this helps :)
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 09:22
x box more for older kids and Wii for younger really IMHO. Get them something else, these things are a nightmare!
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 09:20
other than the manufacturer ! One kids would like an x-box for Christmas the other would like a WII. I have no clue and no preference either way other than it is one or the other and not both!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY