Best spinach salad | ExpatWoman.com

Best spinach salad

Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 12:56
One of my faves is fresh spinach with roasted pumpkin with either crumbled soft goats cheese or blue cheese topped with pomegranate seeds and mixed using a homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette (I make Martha Stewart's recipe). edited by skyhighgirl on 24/11/2014 edited by skyhighgirl on 24/11/2014 I do something similar, spinach, roasted pumpkin cubes, brown lentils and goats cheese with a sweet balsamic vinigar dressing....love spinach salads
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 09:28
A favourite in our house is to freshly fry pancetta cubes, freshly brown pine nuts (both in oil-free non-stick frying pans) and add them to the washed spinach leaves. You toss the lot in a vinaigrette made of salt and pepper, Velours Balsamique (available on the vinegar shelves at Spinneys, balsamic glaze in England) mixed with some apple vinegar and olive oil, both added to taste. And voila, le Bob est le frere de votre mere. Takes 5 minutes max. edited by simpleasabc on 24/11/2014 Thanks for this. I have to try this.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 21:22
A friend introduced me to this one and it's one of my favourites now - toss spinach, sliced strawberries, feta cheese and browned pine nuts, together, then top with a bit of pomegranate molasses. You can also add sliced kiwi fruit if you like. The sweetness contrasts nicely with the saltiness of the feta!
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 20:29
This got me thinking Simples, isn't there a word for uncle in French?! Je parle francaise (pas beaucoup) but I can't for the life of me remember if there is ever a word for uncle! Am just being silly, Coffeebean (rien de neuf) - the word is "oncle". Mais bien sur! ugh. Me and my rusty french :(
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 19:41
On the menu tonight: spinach salad with fried pancetta cubes and browned pine nuts (simpleasabs's salad), but the dressing home made of mustard, honey and fresh orange juice. Like the sound of that dressing, Oopsie, but husbad and dorter just love the balsamic velvet (glaze) :) Bon app :D
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 19:39
This got me thinking Simples, isn't there a word for uncle in French?! Je parle francaise (pas beaucoup) but I can't for the life of me remember if there is ever a word for uncle! Am just being silly, Coffeebean (rien de neuf) - the word is "oncle".
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 19:18
This got me thinking Simples, isn't there a word for uncle in French?! Je parle francaise (pas beaucoup) but I can't for the life of me remember if there is ever a word for uncle!
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 19:07
On the menu tonight: spinach salad with fried pancetta cubes and browned pine nuts (simpleasabs's salad), but the dressing home made of mustard, honey and fresh orange juice.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 19:05
One of my faves is fresh spinach with roasted pumpkin with either crumbled soft goats cheese or blue cheese topped with pomegranate seeds and mixed using a homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette (I make Martha Stewart's recipe). edited by skyhighgirl on 24/11/2014 <em>edited by skyhighgirl on 24/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 18:54
A favourite in our house is to freshly fry pancetta cubes, freshly brown pine nuts (both in oil-free non-stick frying pans) and add them to the washed spinach leaves. You toss the lot in a vinaigrette made of salt and pepper, Velours Balsamique (available on the vinegar shelves at Spinneys, balsamic glaze in England) mixed with some apple vinegar and olive oil, both added to taste. And voila, le Bob est le frere de votre mere. Takes 5 minutes max. <em>edited by simpleasabc on 24/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 17:32
Anyone have a good recipe?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY