Uganda nanny | ExpatWoman.com

Uganda nanny

Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 21:58

Just saw a video of the sweet baby in Uganda being mercilessly beaten by her nanny. Please everyone keep a close eye on your child if being watched by even a loving nanny/maid. We parents must have an extra set of eyes and ears and a seventh sense to read situations when a helpless little child cannot speak for himself/herself.

What I saw saddened me beyond words, every child is precious. Just so low right now, how can humans treat others this way?

Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 18:42
Redrec - so glad you posted this thread in the first place, as I said some times we have to call it as it is. Something to be said about the justice system in Uganda, in some parts of the world it would have been the Dad who would have been facing more serious charges than the nanny. Glad to hear the wee one is fine, hopefully she won't remember too much of the incident. edited by Nomad on 25/11/2014 <em>edited by Nomad on 25/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 12:00
Thank Goodness. It beggars belief that these things happen. Praying for all innocent children in the world who live in abusive homes xx
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 10:47
The baby survived that ordeal. The maid has been arrested and charges were recently amended to attempted murder after the video went viral and caused a global backlash. The father attacked the nanny after seeing the footage, and she filed assault charges against him - rightly so. It isnt okay for anyone to attack anyone - the irony probably escaped her though. Nomad - thank you for understanding the spirit in which this was posted and for answering more succintly than I would have.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 10:37
Maid is arrested for attempted murder and baby is ok .. http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30181134
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 09:34
ignorance is bliss sometimes. I wish I didn't click on the video. Please someone tell me the baby is ok? Is she ok now?
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 07:50
I didn't see the video, nor am I going to. However your thread title and suggestion of keeping an eye on your children even if being watched by a loving nanny strikes me as somewhat prejudiced and unfair. 68% of child abuse is inflicted by family members. So don't just watch your nannies, always look out for children around you. https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-child-abuse Totally agree but the particular incident is about a nanny beating a harmless child , it is dreadful to watch BUT a wake up call for anyone who leaves their children with a nanny. Personally I don't find the thread title to be in any way prejudiced or unfair, it says it as it is. <em>edited by Nomad on 25/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 07:09
I didn't see the video, nor am I going to. However your thread title and suggestion of keeping an eye on your children even if being watched by a loving nanny strikes me as somewhat prejudiced and unfair. 68% of child abuse is inflicted by family members. So don't just watch your nannies, always look out for children around you. https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-child-abuse
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 23:19
This is one of the most shocking things I've ever seen, I had to close it half way.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 22:19
It is so important to know what is happening when you as a parent are not around. Thank goodness the father had the footage, who knows how many caregivers get away with abuse like this. A lesson to be alert and aware. I got so upset couldn't watch the entire video, just wanted to scoop up the poor mite and protect her.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 22:06
I just saw it as well, it's horrific. How can anyone do that to a child.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY