UK marriage certificate and some visa questions?!! | ExpatWoman.com

UK marriage certificate and some visa questions?!!

Latest post on 30 November 2014 - 05:50
Yes Fig, you'll have to take it down to the Ministry of Foreign affairs and have the UaE stamp attested as authentic. It's around aed 200 and will just take 10 minutes, get there early in the morning! :)
Latest post on 30 November 2014 - 00:32
Hi and sorry for invading your post, I just had a question regarding a step in this process. I have my marraige certificate attested by foreign office in UK and also UAE Embassy in the uk, does it still need to be legalised here again? My hubbys company is going to sort my visa out, but they said I need attested marriage certificate from foreign office in the UK and the UAE embassy in the UK, they didn't mention legalisation here? thanks
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 16:31
Thanks Nikki that's really helpful :-)
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 12:22
I would also like to add that they are very helpful at the typing centers and actually know the procedures and can help if you are unsure.
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 12:16
Hi Puddle31 Here goes - Firstly you need to have a copy (it is best to have a few copies of each for residency, medical and Emirates I.D) of your sponsors passport and residence visa.A salary certificate from his company, or sometimes if in a free zone like JLT from the free zone. Ejari (which is registered tenancy) and last months Dewa bill. Your own passport and copy, at least 5 photos(like passport photos) and your marriage certificate attested and stamped by MOFA. Once you have all these the best place to go is to the Municipality office in Al Manara. First you need to go to the typing center (FIX it Express) They will do the paperwork for Entry Permit inside country - AED 1080. Then right next to the typing center is the Dept of Residence, (you need to go to the info counter in front of the typing center to get a ticket for the Residence section)you need to go to the residence section to get entry permit. You may also have to pay another AED 220 here for file opening. Once you have done this go back to typing center and they will complete the paperwork for Change status to residence. AED 550. Go back to the person you saw at Residence section and they will update their file. You then need to go back to typing center and they will do paperwork for Medical AED 750 (this is for VIP there are cheaper options) Emirates I.D AED 370 (not sure what you will need to do here if it is your first ID as ours was not) 3 Year Visa stamp AED 550. The next morning I then went to have medical (chest X ray and blood test) at Safa health clinic and picked up the results later the same day. The following morning I went back to Al Manara and to the residence dept who put the Visa in my passport. I now have to wait for a sms from ID to pick up my ID from post office. I hope this makes sense, I'm sure if I have anything wrong someone will let you know. Sorry have just added everything up and found the cost is closer to AED 3500. Good Luck <em>edited by Nikki63 on 26/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 10:10
Thanks Nikki that is brilliant, I think I'm going to get a company to do it as I only have just over 2 weeks left before my 30 days is up! If you could share the procedure for the visa application that would be amazing! Thank you :-)
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 23:37
Here goes- have done this recently You can either use a company to get your marriage certificate attested by the FCO and the UAE Embassy in the UK, then it needs legalising at MOFA which is near Burjaman. It is quiet easy to do yourself if you have someone in the UK to help. You can go onto the FCO website where you pay for your certificate to be legalised and also pay for it to be couriered back to an address of your choice (friend in UK). You can then courier it to the FCO. Cost around AED50 with skynet. Once your friend gets it back they can then send it with the fee and a SAE return envelope to the UAE embassy in London, details are on their website. Once they have it back it can be couriered back to you. You then have to take it to MOFA for their stamp. Then you are ready to apply for visa. I have the procedure and cost for this as I have literally done it this week. If you are in the country when you apply, including medical and Emirates ID it is around AED2500. Woops just checked and its closer to AED 3,500 Let me know if you need help <em>edited by Nikki63 on 26/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 22:14
Thanks Di will check them out
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 21:49
We have done it both ways in the past, ourselves with a lot of running around embassies and foreign offices which was really tiresome and then we used an agency which did it all for us, it was a while ago so I don't recall how much we paid in either case, but if you want to ask the people we used you could get a quote over the phone http://www.pangulf.biz/services.aspx
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 21:20
No they have a small base out here and are taking nothing to do with my visa unfortunately!
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 19:13
Does your husband's company have a PRO who can help, or any recommendations on agencies perhaps?
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 17:39
Thanks mrs13b I suspected that was going to be the case, has anyone used an agency with success?
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 17:37
You need to get it attested: http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic230390-attest-documents.aspx http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic228089-uk-marriage-certificate-attestation-how-to-get-the-document-back-to-dxb.aspx Best of luck.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 17:13
Hi All I am new to Dubai and to expat living so hello to everyone and apologies if this is a straightforward question but I am trying to organise my visa (being sponsored by my hubby at least until I find a job!) and I am becoming increasingly confused about what I need to do with my marriage certificate. I have the original certificate and have read in some places that I need to send it back to the UK for legalisation and in other places that I can take it straight to the ministry of foreign affairs in Dubai. I've emailed both and the embassy asking for clarification but I'm not holding my breath as their auto email responses say if you can find the answer to your question on their website they won't respond! Any help or advice would be really appreciated :-)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY