new to dubai, need information | ExpatWoman.com

new to dubai, need information

Latest post on 01 December 2014 - 00:50
thank you ladies. i am now in dubai. it is very different for me this is why i feel shy. i have some friends now in my villa where i live. i am also looking for job now. I hope to find soon.
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 11:21
Hello hafsanaz, Welcome to UAE and soon to Dubai. I am sure that you will have a wonderful stay here! Many nice suggestions for socializing given in the comments up here, so do consider that. Regarding meeting Indians, I would like to make a point- being an Indian in Dubai for 4 years now- Please do not restrict yourself to meeting people of same nationality. Being in Dubai has many advantages and according to me, the greatest one is that you get to meet people from all over the world, to interact with them, even to make friends with them. So please use this opportunity and you will be amazed to learn that it makes us better person as well. I know why you feel the need to socialize within the same nationality- to some extent it is good as it gives chance to exchange notes on where to get things that we usually use, etc. But if the reason is because you may not be comfortable with ladies from other nationality- please take that out of your mind. I have met enough ladies from other nationalities who are so friendly and warm.. while meeting many Indian ones who make you feel uncomfortable. So it is really up to nature of the person and not nationality. So I now have friends who are whites, arabic, indian, etc. Regarding beauty salons- you will get ones in all budget ranges here. Once you finalize where you will be staying, it will be easier to suggest.
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 08:17
Oh... Live like models... you are so cute... ! after living in Dubai and meeting people of other nationalities i feel all types of people exist in every community ... the nice, friendly and down to earth ones as well as reserved ones which is at times is mistaken for rudeness or pride... in fact there are very few snooty or rude ones i would say... Don't worry, you will soon make friends here... there are too many Indians here and you seem like a nice and genuine sort of a person... you will definitely find sincere friends... About the services you require i think you should wait till you move to Dubai and then look around for the best reasonable place nearby where you can commute back and forth easily.. all the best ... :)
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 06:56
Dear Hafsanaz Welcome to Dubai! I hope that you find the information you are looking for and I am sure you will make some lovely Indian friends here, however please can I add that I personally - and I am sure many of my friends - love meeting new people at the coffee mornings. The ExpatWoman coffee mornings are for everyone, all backgrounds and nationalities, and some of the groups are for ladies with young children too. Find one near to where you are living and try it - the hostesses are amazing and will introduce you to people. Hopefully you will love it. I realise that you have a budget to stick to - the cost is AED25 (including coffee and a cake!) maybe it would be a good investment to do this a couple of times to increase your social network if you can. We don't all look like models (I wish I did!!). There are some very good cheaper salons which do excellent work. There have been some previous threads on here about it, you may find them if you do a search. It is always difficult when you first arrive. Don't forget that many of us have at some point been in exactly the same position, our husbands off all day at their new job which takes a huge amount of time and effort, and we ladies are left finding our way around. It helps to talk, laugh, exchange stories and have some support ... and that is exactly what the Expat Woman Coffee Mornings are for. Good luck hope our paths cross one day. :biggrin:
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 18:13
Welcome to Dubai, not sure that everyone here lives like models! And lots of ladies here can advise on budget salons too, but if you are looking to connect exclusively with Indian ladies do a Google search for Indus ladies Dubai because that is really orientated toward all the issues you raise :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY