Crochet and where to buy yarn? | ExpatWoman.com

Crochet and where to buy yarn?

Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 17:44

Hi all
I love crochet and other crafty type things but having searched the Internet and looked around on my adventures the only place I can find to buy yarn and supplies is craft land, does anyone know of anywhere else?

Latest post on 21 October 2018 - 15:13
I've recently been really interested in crochet. I managed to buy yarn and needles from Daiso in Mirdif city centre. They were only 7 Dhs each. Daisy have a branch in Dubai mall but they didn't hav...
Does naif souq have these crochet yarns ?
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 19:12
Lulu has a pretty big section upstairs in the department store
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 14:44
Try out www.yarnsdubai.com, they have a collection of yarns in Dubai.
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 10:57
Thanks Dally that's great
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 08:49
Heading towards Sharjah on al Wasl road take the next exit right after the Iranian hospital (not the exit at the hospital but the next one) continue on this road till you get to satwa roundabout, take first exit from the roundabout, on this street on your right hand you will find deepaks/deepa/regal/fido for finishings(opposite emirates post).You can park at one place and walk thru for exploration for the first time.hope this helps!. Or head up SZR to trade centre roundabout go all the way round to the I think the third exit, continue to the Satwa roundabout and take third exit and you'll be at the same point as previous directions. <em>edited by dally on 26/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 22:20
Thanks Dally, I haven't made it to Satwa yet, only been in Dubai for 10 days, any further directions would be appreciated :-)
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 22:18
Pink lily I mean knitters that would accept crocheters, the crafts are often confused and very different and there tends to be running 'banter' about which is better between the 2. I've been known to dabble with knitting needles but I'm just not very good at it!
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 21:46
Puddle 31, what do you mean, 'from the dark side?
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 21:44
Thanks all I looked in daiso in ibn batuta mall and wasn't blown away, haven't been to craft land yet but was sure there would be more choice Ina place this size! Oh well looks like hubby will be dragged to craft land, crochet keeps me sane :-) if anyone knows of any crochet groups or even knitters who will accept someone from the dark side I would be really interested :biggrin:
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 21:44
A few of the shops on the main street in Satwa sell yarns including Fida.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 21:24
Thanks all I looked in daiso in ibn batuta mall and wasn't blown away, haven't been to craft land yet but was sure there would be more choice Ina place this size! Oh well looks like hubby will be dragged to craft land, crochet keeps me sane :-) if anyone knows of any crochet groups or even knitters who will accept someone from the dark side I would be really interested :biggrin:
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 18:01
I purchased some chenille yarn from Daiso for a 10mm hook to make a beret and scarf, but I wasn't blown away by the variety in color choices for yarn for a 6-7mm hook for an afghan. I went to Craftland based on some suggestions here...my goodness! 70 dhs for a skein? I think I will buy myself a new laptop rather than crochet a new afghan with those prices--it would work out better. I also saw McGrudy's in Jumeirah suggested but my GPS failed me on that trip. I'm considering ordering some Lion Brand or Red Heart from the US and SNS'ing it.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 17:48
There are some wools (synthetic) and possibly cotton yarns in Daiso, not the quality of Craftland, but then not the price either. You could look in Creative minds too, I think they will be on a par with Craftland pricewise though.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 17:47
I've recently been really interested in crochet. I managed to buy yarn and needles from Daiso in Mirdif city centre. They were only 7 Dhs each. Daisy have a branch in Dubai mall but they didn't have any needles.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY