Single women in Qatar | ExpatWoman.com

Single women in Qatar

Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 16:33
Thank you for the information. The propose is for a construction institution and I wonder if there will be any kind of "racism" in the working or generally in the topical environment against Western women and especially against the single women.However, socially, of course, I will try to fit in the western community not the topical, because I know is different from our culture.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 23:04
I am here since a very short time (3 month) and I know 3 single women that live here and work in a Qatar Foundation institution - one is single with a daughter, she is divorced. They are perfectly integrated in our community, but - I must say - our community is a community of western expatriates. It is very difficult to meet Qatari, as they do a completely different life. It is possible to meet and be friend with arabs and muslims from other countries, and the people I met, egyptian, palestinians, syrians, pakistani, are all nice and open minded people. But we live in the scientific research environment, which is one of the most open minded I would say. So I guess much might depend from your working environment. The city anyway is very safe.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 19:10
Dear all, I am from Greece and recently I had a very interesting propose about working in Qatar. I would like to know if there are problems for a single woman to live and work in Qatar, if there are any other single women that live and work there, how the local society view the single women from the West and if it is safe for a single woman to live alone there. Any information would be helpful.Thank you very much. Kind regards, Lotie2