90k budget - is nice 2 bed a dream? | ExpatWoman.com

90k budget - is nice 2 bed a dream?

Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 21:55

Ok, so....we currently have a fabulous 3 bed apartment in Motor City, huge apartment and massive terrace. Our apartment is being sold and we've had the 12 month notice served a few months back :cry:

We are 2 adults, 2 cats, 1 dog and my maid (whom I absolutely adore and is an absolute gem)

We don't really need 3 beds - good cos we sure aren't gonna get them! But really want to get something with half decent outside space (bigger than a tiny table & 4 chairs!) as its good for the dog, and we would like to save money by having people round instead of going out.

I've become obsessive on checking the property websites - but what is actually out there??? I would like to try and stick around the 90k limit, but don't really want to go to Queue Point, or somewhere that's basically just an apartment block and no amenities. We've been spoiled by Motor City - and now nothing else seems to come close! Obviously I need someplace that's animal friendly.

Does anyone know of anywhere that might be worth a look - especially maybe places that aren't on the usual Dubizzle/Propertfinder/Justrentals circuit!!!

Probably a vain hope - after all there must be plenty of people in a similar boat but if you have suggestions, contacts etc. I'd love to know!! Places like Al Barsha South for example - do they have 2 beds, and how do you find them, as they never seem to be advertised!!!

Anyway long winded post over - any help welcome!!!! ;);):biggrin:

Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 10:18
Suzimack you must be in the same building as us in Motorcity, we're gutted that we have to move, love the building, love the area, layout of our apartment and huge balcony. As far as know not many of the apartments have sold either so it's such a shame that they'll sit empty. We're keeping everything crossed that someone buys our apartment and wants to rent it out for a reasonable price and then we could stay.
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 09:38
Would you consider a 2 bed townhouse in waterfront jebel ali? They are going for 80K-100K right now.
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 06:45
Check out apartments in Silicon Oasis/Skycourts/that area. SkyCourts would be more of the expensive ones, and here's a 2 bed for 73k. https://www.propertyfinder.ae/en/rent/apartment-for-rent-dubai-dubai-land-2680017.html Lots of amenities on your doorstep now, and only a 15 minute drive to Dubai Mall. It would also be good for nice walks with your dog as you are right beside the desert.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY