School or nursery for my 3 year old son | ExpatWoman.com

School or nursery for my 3 year old son

Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 02:45

Dear All,
Pls guide me which school or nursery should i look at for my 3 year old MS. We have registered him for Dubai american academy but still no one gas called for the assessment. I know we're late but we were of the inpression that as per the Misnistry of Education law a child has to be min 3 years 8 months to enter school. We will also be going to Horizon School next wk to register him for fs2 in sep 2015. We wanted to send him to Gems Wellington International but they say that they're full for Sep 2015 for FS1, FS2 and year 1. :( also, is it compulsory that the child goes to FS1 at 3 years of age, what if we want him to start FS1 at 4? Plz suggest an outstanding school or nursery to start his FS1; i'm baffled as i cant find any school for my child right now :'(

Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 21:17
The issue remains. Visited 2 schools, gems dubai American academy, horizon English school and 2 nurseries for fs1 children's oasis nursery and seashell nursery which is full, only children's oasis has space available for fs1. But where can we put him in fs2? All outstanding schools are full. Now we will go and see safa private and safa community school which are rated good by khda. I feel so depressed to be late for all the outstanding schools :'( I've always wanted him to be an outstanding school. Does any of the outstanding schools take 4 year olds in fs1?
Latest post on 04 December 2014 - 14:01
My suggestion is joining a nursery as he will be put into FS1 there for now and then focus on the school enrolments at other schools, have you been able to resolve this issue by now?? I hope so. What area of Dubai are you living in? Maybe I can help suggest a nursery, my kids are enrolled in a really good one.
Latest post on 29 November 2014 - 21:41
Fs1 is not compulsory but if he is turning 4 next year, he will be fs2 age for sept 2015. You could try and ask for a jan 2015 placement for fs1, as most schools would have a few families leaving at Xmas time. Have you tried the new schools, like safa community, kings al Barsha, nord anglia. Good luck.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 03:10
Thank you for replying. We live in Al Barsha. This is exactly what we're doing now, looking for a nursery for him to do FS1. Plz pray he can get a seat in a really good school for Sep 2015.
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 11:39
You are correct about the 3 yrs 8 months but many schools don't apply it, especially because places for Sept 2014 in many cases had been allocated prior to the KHDA announcement. If I understand correctly your son is 3 now so you should focus on FS1 for Sept 2015. Our DD will go when she turns 4 and that is what we have been advised by most schools (except GEMS). In the meantime for this year your son could continue at a nursery, most would take him. Perhaps if you mention your location you will get more specific recommendations.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY