For the lactose intolerant | ExpatWoman.com

For the lactose intolerant

Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 16:53

DH had camel milk today and has had no problems :)
So much better than all these lactose free options (which are full cream and UHT etc).

Just thought I'd share in case you haven't tried it. It was the Camelait brand.

Latest post on 03 February 2015 - 18:08
I love Camelicious :) Wish I could remember which coffee cafe in Ibn Battuta Mall offers camel milk. I could swear it was Costa, one of the major chains. Yes it is Costa cafe in IBM.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 16:49
I love Camelicious :) Wish I could remember which coffee cafe in Ibn Battuta Mall offers camel milk. I could swear it was Costa, one of the major chains.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 14:12
I'm lactose intolerant and drink goats milk regularly, in case anyones interested in trying additional alternatives. Full fat and skimmed always available at Carrefour and Spineys, in the shelved milks isle (possibly other stores as well, but thats where I get mine). Just want to add - there are those with intolerance that will have a reaction to all milks, camel or goat included, but those two are great natural alternatives, and goats milk has been working for me for years now.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 09:53
Do you get both of these at any supermarket or some place specific? I'm lactose intolerant and been looking for alternate options. all the supermarkets have camel milk now and also flavoured milk like date shakes etc. It's very healthy too. :)
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 07:30
Don't forget the Camel Milk Cafe in Dubai Mall ... "Majilis" - it is in the jewellery souk, just near the bronze camels and it serves coffees made with camel milk, ice cream milkshakes (a real treat for lactose intolerant people!) and cakes. It also sells cheeses and the camel milk chocolate to take away.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 14:44
Thank you:)
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 11:53
Do you get both of these at any supermarket or some place specific? I'm lactose intolerant and been looking for alternate options. I got Arla, but only seen it at Spinneys in Mercato, no where else
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 11:21
Do you get both of these at any supermarket or some place specific? I'm lactose intolerant and been looking for alternate options.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 10:22
Not all are full fat, I am using Arla skimmed at the moment and seemed to be ok :) Good to know about the camel's milk though :cool:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY