Where would you buy in Surrey? | ExpatWoman.com

Where would you buy in Surrey?

Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 19:32
I live in Surrey. And as I am newish I have been checking out all the local areas. I love: Claygate Esher (lovely small town) Richmond Woking Guildford Banstead Epsom (great town) Wimbledon (great town) Kingston is close to where I currently am however the commute getting in to and out can be a major headache.
Latest post on 03 December 2014 - 12:07
I loved the rural feel of East Surrey in the Oxted/Limpsfield area - especially walking in the bluebell wood on Limpsfield Chart The trains from Oxted take about 30 minutes to London Bridge (12 minutes to Croydon)
Latest post on 03 December 2014 - 04:01
We are in Surrey - love it! lots of options for travelling into Waterloo. many stations have fast trains - some trains from woking are first stop waterloo. I walk my dogs in Virginia Water - it's absolutely stunning - worth moving back from Dubai for! Great schools - if I can help you please shout!
Latest post on 29 November 2014 - 21:51
Well the first thing you need to do is look at the train routes and decide which area of London you will be commuting into. This will help decide where to live, Cobham is great but if you are willing to drive to a station you can go further out towards the Downs area.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 13:40
I agree Oxted is a nice place and also Guildford , there is a university in Guildford so renting out your property until you are ready to live in it , should be fairly easy.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 10:11
I would suggest looking at these three areas: Kingston Guildford Oxted
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 22:56
Woking or Surbiton, both on a fast train route to Waterloo.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 21:25
Virginia Water is beautiful, but I'm not sure it's such an easy commute into the City.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 20:36
Just seen a "rich list" for 10 towns in UK - they include in Surrey - Virginia Water, Cobham and Esher.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 20:09
Richmond is worth thinking about. Great transport links for commuters, good schools, lovely community feel in most areas.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 19:50
Watch out for areas on Thames in Surrey that flood - such as Kingston -upon-Thames, Goring on Thames etc.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 14:55
We have decided to buy a house in the Surrey area to rent out with a view to living there when we relocate back home. Where would you recommend? We would like somewhere with good schools and prefer a town to a Village, ideally near a tube/train station not more than a 30 minute commute to London. Neither of us are from that area but we have been there many times and really like Kingston Upon Thames, but before we take the plunge...is there an area just as nice (where we can get more for our money) or is there somewhere even better? Many Thanks