NEED HELP - Marriage Process (Nikkah) in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

NEED HELP - Marriage Process (Nikkah) in Dubai

Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 15:23

Hi all! :)

I am an American Muslim citizen residing in Dubai. However, my fiance (also Muslim) is living in America and can only come here on a visit visa.

We would like to get married in Dubai some time mid Jan or at the end of Jan latest. (God Willing)

I would appreciate it if any one can assist me on what the marriage (Nikkah) process is like here (how long does each step usually take (blood test/receiving the reports/going to courts/etc.).

The duration of the procedure is what my main concern is as my fiance can not take an entire month off of work there. Any suggestions on how many weeks off of work should he take in order to come here - get the blood test done and the signing of the papers all in one trip ???

Your help is very much appreciated.
Thank you.:)

Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 18:48
Have a read here, gives you all the details, and it's official information. http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/Articles/DispForm.aspx?ID=23&event=Getting%20married%20in%20Dubai&category=Citizens On the bottom of the page you will find links to other sites that can give you accurate information.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 18:13
Hi I did this last year in abu dhabi so perhaps I can be of a little help. It's the same procedure but different offices etc. Medical results you get in about a week. I suggest going to the court and taking to the judge. As no one can legally get married while on visit visa. Judges do make exceptions esp if you can prove you have known each other for a long period of time. Your father must be present if he is also muslim. If you are a convert you have to get legal papers from the court saying you converted. Then you have to go get more special permission from the judge to get married as you have no Muslim father etc You have to go to your embassy and get papers saying you haven't been married aren't widowed etc back home. Only the lady doss this so do it ahead of time . Also fill in the application ahead of time. If you aren't working and there's no holidays you can get it done in about 6 or 7 working days

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY