Your final vote will be highly appreciated | ExpatWoman.com

Your final vote will be highly appreciated

Latest post on 29 November 2014 - 12:05
Fairmont the palm... I'd def go for the beach venue
Latest post on 29 November 2014 - 09:37
Thank you Notnewintown and Kjt. A gentle BUMP please. Ladies, if you can give me your opinion it will be really appreciated
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 20:52
Yep, I vote the palm, lots of accom options around al barsha or the marina for overseas guests if they can't afford to stay on the palm but not too far for a taxi.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 14:09
Fairmont The Palm. Lovely GM and staff.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 13:45
Hi mrs13b Thanks so much. great to have one vote for the Fairmont especially from a different perspective - hope to get another good number so I can let my friend know.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 12:25
As a wedding photographer and someone who knows Fairmont the Palm intimately, I would say go for the beach and wow-factor as you have described. I can assure you that the photo opportunities here are amazing and guests will be blown away by what most of us begin to take for granted after a while.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 11:34
Hi Ladies, My friend has finalised 2 wedding venues to hold her wedding reception in Dubai. She has made the following notes, but the hotels are still hard to compare as they have their own features and quality. We would love your input on these please. As a guest coming from outside Dubai or within Dubai, which would you consider as a wow? Maybe you have stayed in both hotels as a guest? Maybe you have been to a wedding there or know friends who have? Please vote one or the other - with any remarks if possible. Thank you all and God Bless. [b'>1. Fairmont on The Palm:[/b'> [b'>Pros:[/b'> - Has the beach (although not being utilised for the wedding reception, there will be great photo opportunities) and as a resort good place to spend the night or a few - More grand scale lobby and resort than Raffles (but more on the simple plain side). - On the Palm so a wow factor for guests coming from outside - Nicer and larger pre-function area than the Raffles [b'>Cons[/b'> - Ballroom not as grand as Raffles but can be decorated to look grand (without too much expense). 2. [b'>Raffles [/b'> [b'>Pros[/b'> - Has a nicer look from the exterior (pyramid shape) - Beautiful ballroom and lovely chandeliers. - Lobby - is nicer and better decorated than Fairmont, but not as grand scale - furniture looks slightly old [b'>Cons:[/b'> - Boutique hotel, not as grand as the above -Not on the beach - (although reception not on the beach), there is no such special area around the hotel to take photos of the bride and groom - Slightly dated and small pre-function area - Not in a nice location - near a mall and healthcare city and facing the highway <em>edited by Bonbon1 on 28/11/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY