Places to live in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Places to live in Dubai

Latest post on 02 December 2014 - 23:32

We are moving to Dubai early next year and I would love to get some advice on family friendly areas to live, prefferably commutable to Media City... I know Springs is ok but where else? I would like somewhere relatively green with a garden if possible. How is JVC? Thanks!

Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 02:39
Thanks!
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 01:48
bump
Latest post on 07 December 2014 - 18:49
If your husband is working in Saudi, you need to be aware that you still need a UAE residency visa in order to live in the UAE. You can't rent a property or open bank accounts without a UAE residency, and the residency is tied to your local employment status. So is your husband's company providing him with a UAE employment visa even though he's working in Saudi? This isn't unheard of but you just need to be aware of it if you aren't.
Latest post on 05 December 2014 - 13:47
we live in South Ridge, Downtown and love it! very vibrant, very childfriendly (big grass area in front of the apartments, very unique for Dubai), play area outside, and our son goes here to Jumeirah International Nurseries, South Rigde branch. we are walking distance from the Fountains, Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa. Im not sure though to Media city how the traffic is from here. I commute to Healthcare City which is ideal but my husband works in JLT so he has to deal with more traffic.
Latest post on 04 December 2014 - 19:25
Be sure to take a look at the Greens and Views - mostly flats but there are some villas/town houses too. Very near to Media City and good if your husband is away. Very w*****n,has a shopping centre, bus stops, pools and play areas and you can pick up a taxi by walking out on the street any time of the day or night. Lots of children and babies. Some banks and cafes nearby.
Latest post on 04 December 2014 - 18:37
Thanks for the advice guys! I have been looking at properties for rent in the areas you mentioned and them all seem quite nice. Im not too keen on living on a building site though I did that two years in England... The more etablished green areas seem more to my liking. My husband will actually be working in Saudi but I'm hoping to work in Media City. I have a 20 month old toddler so anywhere with good nurseries on site is a plus.
Latest post on 04 December 2014 - 16:36
Hi Swedishgirl73, We have an extensive guide to the different areas Dubai has to offer where you can live, with pros and cons and which are suitable for different types of situations. You can find that here: http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_discover_dubai_where_to_live_in_dubai_4652.aspx JVC is nice, but you will need transport and there's not that much yet. But there are new shops and restaurants in the works! And it's pet friendly, which is a bonus if you wish to ever have a furry friend. Alternatively, you may want you to look at the Greens, Emirates Hills, Lakes, Meadows and Springs. We hope you find what you're looking for! HTH EW Admin
Latest post on 04 December 2014 - 16:26
Thank you, I had a look at the FB page but it didn't reveal much just pictures of sand :-) Any suggestions of other areas? Thanks It is is still mainly sand as there is a lot of building going on.
Latest post on 03 December 2014 - 21:50
Springs, Meadows, Lakes would be good for Media City, is that where your/husbands work is? Do you have school age children? Sometimes it's preferable to have an easier commute to school than work, as there's more trips in a day. Other areas to consider might be Jumeirah Park, Jumeirah Islands, Green Community and Victory Heights. If you're on a tighter budget, you can get a lot more for your money in Jebel Ali, it's a bit further out but do-able.
Latest post on 03 December 2014 - 21:10
Thank you, I had a look at the FB page but it didn't reveal much just pictures of sand :-) Any suggestions of other areas? Thanks
Latest post on 03 December 2014 - 10:15
We are moving to Dubai early next year and I would love to get some advice on family friendly areas to live, prefferably commutable to Media City... I know Springs is ok but where else? I would like somewhere relatively green with a garden if possible. How is JVC? Thanks! Hello There is a FB page fort JVC. I believe it doesn't have any shops/restaurants etc and there aren't any pools.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY