Working Mum in a Desperate need of HELP with SCHOOLS | ExpatWoman.com

Working Mum in a Desperate need of HELP with SCHOOLS

Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 10:38

Hi Ladies,
I am in a desperate need of help, my daughter is turning 3 next year and I am applying for schools, but I'm a working mother with no relatives or Nanny and I finish work at 3. I can't find a school that has a waiting room or activity club that could keep my daughter until I come and pick her up. If you have any suggestions or ideas on what could i do I would be really thankful, as I now considering quitting my Job for that, and God knows we need the money.
Appreciate your swift reply
Tx

Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 22:20
Hi Ladies, I am in a desperate need of help, my daughter is turning 3 next year and I am applying for schools, but I'm a working mother with no relatives or Nanny and I finish work at 3. I can't find a school that has a waiting room or activity club that could keep my daughter until I come and pick her up. If you have any suggestions or ideas on what could i do I would be really thankful, as I now considering quitting my Job for that, and God knows we need the money. Appreciate your swift reply Tx I have a friend who picks up my little one and keeps her safe and snug till I return from work. Do you think you could ask a friend? I am happy to ask her if she can help you, an email will help..
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 19:17
LoveAZ - OP's child must already be in nursery if she works and doesn't have family help or a nanny. I respectfully disagree with you saying keep her in nursery for two reasons (1) at the moment children have to leave nursery on their 4th birthday. The OP's child will turn 4 in the 2015/2016 academic year and will be chucked out of nursery, potentially with no alternative. There is a rumour that children will be allowed to stay until the end of the academic year in which they turn 4 (which would make sense) but it's not confirmed to my knowledge; (2) it is far easier to get a place for a child in school at preschool. There are far more places available. If the OP leaves it a year she may end up with no place and no ability to stay in nursery. There will almost certainly be a Kindergarten option but as they only take up until a child turns 6 that's just delaying the agony. <em>edited by lalala on 08/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 14:46
I would suggest that you look for a nursery to put your child in. Mine is 3 and she goes to a nursery and I pick her up around 2:30. I recently heard from a staff that they have kids who stay until 4 due to their working parents. Im sure many other nurseries would be the same. Hope you find a nursery that is close by your area. Good luck!
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 14:03
Also look at drop off times. If you work until 3 then I assume you start at 7. Most of the schools start after 7. Petits Pas has an after school service. However, you will need to get her there. They used to run buses from Bonaparte, Voltaire and Doha College West Bay. They might have dropped at least DC now. You need a nanny. That's how people do it. Remember you will also need to cover school holidays.
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 12:34
Hi Ladies, II can't find a school that has a waiting room or activity club that could keep my daughter until I come and pick her up. Tx Unfortunately, I don't know any school that finishes late. Moreover, I know it is quite difficult to have a place in a school - any school - for small kids. I would opt for the best school you can get + a driver and a nanny. Taxi companies do this service - you can share it with other families eventually - we do - and a nanny will allow you not to quit the job.