Pregnant before wedding, delivery here in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Pregnant before wedding, delivery here in Dubai

Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 13:36

Hi, can anyone tell how is works here in the government hospital, if someone falls pregnant before they married but say gets married 3mnths or later into their pregnancy. Would the hospital give you any problems that you weren't actually married when you conceived? Where can you get advice on this? Anyone had this and delivered fine in a government hospital? Thank you

Latest post on 23 November 2020 - 03:31
Hi! I just want to know if I take pre-marriage medical test will it show that I am 2 months pregnant.
Hi yana1402 did you take the premarital screening? Pls let me know im also pregnant and want to do the test .thankyou
Latest post on 15 November 2020 - 16:32
Hi! I just want to know if I take pre-marriage medical test will it show that I am 2 months pregnant.
Latest post on 10 May 2019 - 15:59
Hi Just want to know what did you do about your problem?
Latest post on 30 December 2014 - 17:39
I had DD here and had not registered with the hospital (thought I had but it was not considered having registered, my mistake) and I sat in the delivery room for hours while they questioned everything and waited for DH to bring our attested marriage certificate. We were married in Australia and to get our sons passport here we needed a UAE birth certificate and to get that we needed to go to court here, register our marriage, it felt like we got married again. We got more paperwork and that was the paperwork needed to register for our DD and DS's birth certificates. It was a very long, drawn out process and we were married. I would not encourage anyone to go trough anything like it if their documents were questionable (especially if the conception date shows they were in the country at the time of conception... a broken law is a broken law. And while it may NOT happen, it MAY, and MAY here iss not a word I would like to dance with as it is so unpredictable and if a child is involved I'd go out of my way to ensure MAY never exits).
Latest post on 30 December 2014 - 17:09
Just not worth the risk or the stress of worrying about the consequences if there is an issue!! Get married and deliver in home country!!!!
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 10:09
I am wondering how is it with registering the birth certificate when you get married after you were pregnant.. As so many have said, it is playing with fire, it's a gamble, but the penalties are for most sane people not worth gambling with. If any clinic here decides to report you for being pregnant and not married or for dates that do not correspond then they can, how much clearer does this have to be? Why do people keep asking the same question? Because people need to know what actually happens, not what's written on GulfNews. And the point is that no one for sure can say exactly what happens as it changes on a case by case basis, but the worst is not worth the risk for the majority. There is a thread on the bumps and babes where a few said they had faced extreme difficulties with this personnally.
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 09:29
I am wondering how is it with registering the birth certificate when you get married after you were pregnant.. As so many have said, it is playing with fire, it's a gamble, but the penalties are for most sane people not worth gambling with. If any clinic here decides to report you for being pregnant and not married or for dates that do not correspond then they can, how much clearer does this have to be? Why do people keep asking the same question? Because people need to know what actually happens, not what's written on GulfNews.
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 16:41
Probably because there are so many conflicting stories here. Friend of a friend who was living with her Emirati boyfriend fell pregnant, they got married before the baby was born, so dates didn't correspond and didn't encounter any problems with the birth certificate.
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 16:32
I am wondering how is it with registering the birth certificate when you get married after you were pregnant.. As so many have said, it is playing with fire, it's a gamble, but the penalties are for most sane people not worth gambling with. If any clinic here decides to report you for being pregnant and not married or for dates that do not correspond then they can, how much clearer does this have to be? Why do people keep asking the same question?
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 13:12
I am wondering how is it with registering the birth certificate when you get married after you were pregnant..
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 10:59
If you read the last line of this article, it shows that whenever the marriage gets to be officiated there can still be problems later even though in this case it does not appear the woman was pregnant, but somehow they were reported for illicit relations, your friend should not risk being in Dubai unmarried and pregnant. http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/courts/lawfully-wedded-couple-accused-of-premarital-***-1.1429942
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 10:17
My daughter was married in Dubai last year, they do check to see if you are pregnant before marriage. I wouldnt risk it. My friends from Europe were also pregnant before the medical check and no one found out. I don't think they check it unless you are "obviously pregnant" :) Then once the certificate is completed, it's showing that test has been done for: Sickle-cell Anemia, Thalasemia, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Syphilis, HIV/AIDS, hb something and that's it. No pregnancy, no one cares, unless (as i said above) you are having a big belly. Each of the items is showing options normal/carrier/disease. They care about genetic disorders and sexually transmitted diseases. Pregnancy has mandatory check for maid's visa only. <em>edited by CZ_Expat on 22/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 01:56
My daughter was married in Dubai last year, they do check to see if you are pregnant before marriage. I wouldnt risk it.
Latest post on 11 December 2014 - 10:45
oops,. sorry, my mistake, thought they also did a pregnancy test :)...it would certainly make sense if they did, considering.
Latest post on 10 December 2014 - 16:51
Hi I have a friend in the same situation about 5weeks pregnant and will be getting married soon she is worried about the pre marriage blood tests they do in the uae, will it show she's already pregnant and get her into trouble? Thanks it would normally show in the blood test if they would be testing for that. They are testing for geneticblood/sexual diseases, not for pregnancy.
Latest post on 10 December 2014 - 09:26
yes it will show in the blood test :). Your friend and future husband need to just hope on a plane, go for a lovely 2 week holiday and get married outside the UAE.. then she can deliver here. I am sure there are a lot of brides who had a wedding planned, married and did not realize they were pregnant...just a thought.
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 20:25
Well then go ask them in jail what happened. Really? How can anyone live here and not understand the laws, you are not immune from the law because you are an expat. The OPs friend obviously does realise it is illegal and she is not immune as she is asking for advice on here. The only foolproof method of avoiding pregnancy is celibacy, do you really expect every unmarried person residing here to be celibate? Contraception is not a guarantee and mistakes can happen, it doesn't always mean someone is ignorant of the law or foolish. Daza, yes i expect residents not to break the law. If the mistake as you call it happens then it does not take a brain surgeon to work out that you need to get on a plane or get hutched asap. Asking advice? Hmm, that is only done by someone tryong to bend the rules. The rules and clear the consequences severe, what doesn't anybody get?
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 18:22
due to the fact that the laws in this country keeps on changing, just an opinion not to risk. the delivery might be a problem for government hospitals and who knows with private too. Some hospitals might be considerate but like I said, it's a risk. I know someone who got married while she was 3 months pregnant. She delivered in Ajman hospital as she said they were not strict and does not ask a lot of questions and that was 3 years ago. I suggest, she delivers back home. Make sure she gets wed first. I really hope she does not get too much stress on these things as it will affect her pregnancy. Good luck!
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 17:52
Hi I have a friend in the same situation about 5weeks pregnant and will be getting married soon she is worried about the pre marriage blood tests they do in the uae, will it show she's already pregnant and get her into trouble? Thanks
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 07:48
Hi I know quite a few women who have done this, and had no problems. One of them delivered in a govt hospital and pointed out the issue when she registered. She was told that it was fine, and that the most important thing was that she was married when she delivered. I am not saying that this is a 100% guarantee that your friend will not have problems, but no-one I know did. I have also been on EW for about 8 years and never heard of any such happenings. I agree that ppl should stop lecturing on issues they know very little about. <em>edited by WhiteOrchid on 09/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 22:02
You dont want that worry and stress when you are having a baby. Go home and have your baby there then return back to Dubai and your husband. Dont play with fire or you and your baby will end up in prison then deported and banned after 3 months. Surely you dont want your innocent bab to spend time with you in prison?! <em>edited by Appletiser on 08/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 18:16
Well then go ask them in jail what happened. Really? How can anyone live here and not understand the laws, you are not immune from the law because you are an expat. The OPs friend obviously does realise it is illegal and she is not immune as she is asking for advice on here. The only foolproof method of avoiding pregnancy is celibacy, do you really expect every unmarried person residing here to be celibate? Contraception is not a guarantee and mistakes can happen, it doesn't always mean someone is ignorant of the law or foolish.
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 18:11
Having the baby will not be a problem - getting the birth certificate is. I heard of someone who had to go to court to apply for a birth certificate. She ws Muslims though. I was under the impression that marriage, in a bad word, 'undid' the crime of out of marriage intercourse.
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 15:57
Ladies, I am asking on behalf of someone who is in a situations....she is getting married in a few weeks and is only 2mnths pregnant. I am already married with children, this is not for me. I am trying to help someone so if you have some helpful advice or experience please share otherwise you can keep the lectures to yourself, she has already heard enough of those.......thanks The ladies I know were all around 3 months when they were married, none were reported nor had to stand in front of a tribunal. They all delivered in private hospitals. Mistakes happen unfortunately
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 15:55
Ladies, I am asking on behalf of someone who is in a situations....she is getting married in a few weeks and is only 2mnths pregnant. I am already married with children, this is not for me. I am trying to help someone so if you have some helpful advice or experience please share otherwise you can keep the lectures to yourself, she has already heard enough of those.......thanks As long as she gets married she should be fine Rosie. The only problem that might arise is if she ends up in hospital with complications before she is married. My friends sought legal advice about their situation and were told it would be ok as long as they got married asap.
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 15:47
Ladies, I am asking on behalf of someone who is in a situations....she is getting married in a few weeks and is only 2mnths pregnant. I am already married with children, this is not for me. I am trying to help someone so if you have some helpful advice or experience please share otherwise you can keep the lectures to yourself, she has already heard enough of those.......thanks
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 15:45
All hospitals, government or not will request a copy of your marriage certificate. If you can't provide one, they are legally bound to report you to the police. To deliver at a government hospital you have to register for one first and take an ante-natal package. One of the forms they require is a marriage certificate. You will not be able to register at a government hospital or clinic without one. I have a friends who got married in their home country when about four months pregnant then delivered here. When the discrepency in dates was noticed at the hospital it was reported. The husband had to go before a tribunal and say he was very sorry but they were now married so it wouldn't happen again. He was there with a number of other men in the same situation of all nationalities. As my friends were married before the baby was actually born there were no repercussions.
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 15:42
Rosie rosie! Your playing with fire, it is illegal to be pregnant and not married here in UAE. Thats all I will say. Google unmarried and pregnant in Dubai and read the stories. Its not me, I am married!!
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 15:34
I know nothing about govt hospitals but do they actually request a copy of your marriage ceryificate? My concern would be medical coverage, as there is usually a waiting period, is that why the need for the govt hospital? Sorry I can't offer any other advice but good luck.
Latest post on 08 December 2014 - 15:33
Hi, can anyone tell how is works here in the government hospital, if someone falls pregnant before they married but say gets married 3mnths or later into their pregnancy. Would the hospital give you any problems that you weren't actually married when you conceived? Where can you get advice on this? Anyone had this and delivered fine in a government hospital? Thank you Say 3 month or later? lol Well then go ask them in jail what happened. Really? How can anyone live here and not understand the laws, you are not immune from the law because you are an expat. Yes in a goverment hospital they will question the dates and could report you, it would not be a first. Even now if you are pregnant and unmarried you should solve the issue in some way fast. If you don't want to marry the father then leave now. You want advice go to your embassy and ask them, they will spell it out really clearly for you. I've used [b'>you[/b'>, but i think you are asking for someone else? <em>edited by Lolacat on 08/12/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY