Christmas take away for just two people? Plus best brunches? | ExpatWoman.com

Christmas take away for just two people? Plus best brunches?

Latest post on 26 December 2014 - 16:39
We ended up getting the full Monty from JBH - figured it actually cost less than going out as we have food for several days. It was a lovely meal and I'd highly recommend it for next year! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas Day
Latest post on 26 December 2014 - 11:18
We went to The Scene at Pier 7. Very disappointing. Mismatched and uncomfortable chairs and tables, second 2pm sitting meant stressed-out and remote staff who rarely came over, took an hour for all starters to arrive and had to ask repeatedly for drinks, even just water. And then wouldn't serve us drinks after 3.30pm because they decided we were first sitting anyway! Not value for money at all and very stingy with the portions too...
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 17:41
This might help: http://www.timeoutdubai.com/gallery/58203-christmas-dinner-in-dubai-2014#.VJA2WaYki3R
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 14:02
Try the Armani Hotel; we got a turkey crown last year for 2 of us. It was still lots of food but only lasted about 2 days in our house! Happy Christmas!
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 20:57
Thanks everyone, sorry it's taken so long to respond! We checked out The Ivy but I think we will save that for our anniversary, it's definitely on my wish list! I think we have decided to go for Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and then order the works to take away on Christmas Day. As with everything, googling has made this sooo much more confusing! So many hotels... So, sorry to keep on, but if you could recommend one hotel or restaurant for Christmas Eve dinner which would it be? Meydan seems to have good reviews on here. I reckon we will order turkey from the Intercon or The Address Downtown, hoping they are all ok!
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 15:14
For 2 people definitely The Ivy for the Brunch, sorry can't help with the delivery offerings
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 14:53
Try Room Service, some hotels offer chicken with the trimmings which might be a better option than eating turkey leftovers for weeks after Christmas! http://www.roomservice-uae.com/home.aspx?region=1 I also noticed Maison Mathis in Arabian Ranches were advertising turkey take out with the option to have stuffed turkey breast per person rather than the whole turkey.
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 13:11
The Bystro on SZR in Al Manara are doing takeaway turkey breast and all the trimmings for 4 (AED 450) I think it will be hard to find somewhere catering for only 2, you will still have leftovers for sarnies.
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 12:43
Shangri-La Hotel, SZR I believe will do turkeys. They also have Eve and Day buffets. But I think the Grinch will be there (and Santa), so I do not know if that might be too family focused for you.
Latest post on 09 December 2014 - 12:30
Does anyone know if anywhere is doing a turkey take away on Christmas Day for smaller numbers of people? Maybe a turkey crown and trimmings? We really want to stay home and won't be able to cook for various reasons but all of them seem to be massive spreads for lots of people. Alternatively, what's your favourite Christmas Eve or Christmas Day brunch?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY