Marriage documents for Muslim marriage | ExpatWoman.com

Marriage documents for Muslim marriage

Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 12:34
Just spoke to my friend and she suggested it would be better if your fiance went to the Court and asked to speak to one of the marriage officials (not the reception). Apparently, he needs to go to the civil matters section and meet with one of the "mazoons" (spelling?) who actually conduct the marriage ceremonies. They will be able to advise on the documents and procedure. will do that, thanks :)
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 11:54
Just spoke to my friend and she suggested it would be better if your fiance went to the Court and asked to speak to one of the marriage officials (not the reception). Apparently, he needs to go to the civil matters section and meet with one of the "mazoons" (spelling?) who actually conduct the marriage ceremonies. They will be able to advise on the documents and procedure.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 10:57
CZ_Expat, I checked with a friend who went through this recently and she had to present the divorce papers. Hers were in English so she only had to translate them to Arabic, although I'm sure you can have yours translated to English and then Arabic. From what I understand, they need the divorce papers to show that you have been divorced for a certain period of time (as this is a requirement for re-marrying in Islam). ..... If i'm not mistaken in Islam you have to be 3 months divorced to be able to get married again. The affidavit stating that i'm divorced already is over 4 months old, so it could justify not having the divorce papers. I went to Dubai court but the person by the counter was not able to answer me on this. I think i should go there again. I saw all websites discussing this matter, but non of them was helpful. To call Dubai Courts is impossible as no one is available at the reception EVER.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 00:21
CZ_Expat, I checked with a friend who went through this recently and she had to present the divorce papers. Hers were in English so she only had to translate them to Arabic, although I'm sure you can have yours translated to English and then Arabic. From what I understand, they need the divorce papers to show that you have been divorced for a certain period of time (as this is a requirement for re-marrying in Islam). My friend had to have her original documents attested by the UAE embassy in her country and then by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai. She then took these to an (authorised) Arabic translator here, who did the Arabic version and I think this had to be stamped by the Ministry of Justice. It sounded like a long winded process that involved a lot of running around! It may be slightly more complicated for you, unfortunately, because there is a third language involved and you may need to attest/stamp all of the different translations. Perhaps, like Cowboy suggested, you could just get some sort of statement in English to say that you are single, which you can then just translate to Arabic (and avoid all of the hassle). My friend also said that her fiance went to the Dubai court beforehand to ask about all of the documents needed and the procedure. He took her (English) divorce papers with him and showed them to the one of the "marriage officials" who then told him what she had to do to legalise them. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and good luck with all the paperwork. I'm sure it will be worth it :)
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 22:11
Hi....sorry in advance for not being of much help....but have u looked at this > http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/Articles/DispForm.aspx?ID=23&category=Citizens Try calling "Ask Dubai" 600 560 000 All the best!
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 08:59
Get a letter from your embassy stating you are currently single and not married. Hi, i have Affidavit issued from my country, fully attested, stating that i'm divorced. This is the only document which i can use abroad to get married. Our embassy can't issue anything like that. But the question was not about it. It was about if i need to present divorce papers and how do i translate the documents when there's no direct legal translation available.
Latest post on 12 December 2014 - 18:53
Get a letter from your embassy stating you are currently single and not married.
Latest post on 10 December 2014 - 10:48
Hi, im European expat, converted Muslim, about to marry a Muslim. I am facing two problems here - i do not have my divorce documents, only affidavit with all my details which is older than 4 months and stating that i'm divorced etc. Do i still need to get my divorce papers (which would be difficult and expensive as ****) or you think they could omit them? Secondly, there is no direct translation available from my language to Arabic - at least not by translator certified by Ministry of Justice. Do you know if i can translate it to English by normal translator and from English to Arabic by legal certified translator? Have anyone dealt with same kind of problem already?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY