Qatar Academy Sidra | ExpatWoman.com

Qatar Academy Sidra

Latest post on 11 December 2014 - 04:45

Hi
I am in the phase three stage for a position at Sidra Medical Center. This is vey exciting but also a little overwhelming! I would love some advice or insight on schools. Does anyone know anything about Qatar Academy Sidra? This is the school for children of Sidra employees. I have three children so I was hoping to hear any thoughts or opinions on this school. Thank you so much!

Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 08:15
Hi gracegirl Unfortunately, I still have not heard anything yet about the Sidra School. I am in the process of getting all three children's school grades and documents attested. That has been a bit overwhelming! I should have everything needed to try and start applying for schools soon. We too, are hoping to move this summer around July if everything goes as planned. How old are your children? I will keep in touch if I hear anything!!!! Thank you for reaching out to me!
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 18:16
Hi 5Ltree, Have you learned anything about the Sidra school yet? My husband has just accepted a position at Sidra so we will be relocating hopefully this summer. We also have 3 children and we too really liked the American School of Doha but also feel doubtful that we would get a spot there. It is really difficult not knowing anyone who has the experience of having been through this before!
Latest post on 13 December 2014 - 03:16
Hi Seahorse77, Thank you so much for your reply! I have been exchanging emails with the schooling affairs team and they have been helpful and emailed my right back. We really like the American School of Doha but I feel we would be pretty far down the list in getting into that school. I know Qatar Academy is an excellent school so I would assume that QA Sidra, being a sister school, would be good as well. It's just hard not being there or not knowing anyone who has had a personal experience with their children in that school. I've tried to do my research looking for reviews or ratings by parents but I cant find anything. So, far the school situation has been the most difficult part for me. Thanks again for your comment! My daughter (7 year old) will be going to the GEMS Academy. However, I was just notified today by my agency of a new rule requiring the attestation of the last 2 school reports and requiring a residence permit before allowing kids to enter school. I heard it can take months to get a RP. Then, I read the article below confirming what my agency told me. Our plan was to leave in January. I don't know if this will push back our plans. http://dohanews.co/new-attestation-requirements-qatar-school-children-frustate-parents/ <em>edited by seahorse77 on 13/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 12 December 2014 - 18:36
Hi Seahorse77, Thank you so much for your reply! I have been exchanging emails with the schooling affairs team and they have been helpful and emailed my right back. We really like the American School of Doha but I feel we would be pretty far down the list in getting into that school. I know Qatar Academy is an excellent school so I would assume that QA Sidra, being a sister school, would be good as well. It's just hard not being there or not knowing anyone who has had a personal experience with their children in that school. I've tried to do my research looking for reviews or ratings by parents but I cant find anything. So, far the school situation has been the most difficult part for me. Thanks again for your comment!
Latest post on 12 December 2014 - 06:11
Sidra has a special team that helps get kids signed up for school. Ask them about it. I'm sure they can help you. I think its called "Schooling Affairs"