Are perfumes really cheaper in Dubai Duty Free? | ExpatWoman.com

Are perfumes really cheaper in Dubai Duty Free?

Latest post on 13 December 2014 - 13:01

I'd like to get the new Gucci "Oud" perfume, but not sure whether to get it here or in Duty Free at the airport. Is it really cheaper there? - I've never been convinced. If I thought I'd get it in the UK I'd wait until we get home but not sure if they would have this there, being a Middle Eastern type fragrance. Any thoughts?

Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 13:30
Polly wasn't being sarcastic. She was pleased to know that perfumes are cheaper at DFF than they are in the shops here Thank you for clarification. I thought if anyone who lives in Dubai more than 3 years and travels around (and buys perfume on top of that) would know that DFF is cheaper. Well, my bad, it was a groundless assumption. <em>edited by barlas on 15/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 11:36
You can pre-order online now for Duty Free and collect at the airport! http://online.dubaidutyfree.com/ddf/
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 08:59
Polly wasn't being sarcastic. She was pleased to know that perfumes are cheaper at DFF than they are in the shops here
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 07:28
Yes they are cheaper in duty free than in regular shops (at least by 60-80 Dhs) Wow really?!! Good to know Your sarcasm is irrelevant as OP asked about Oud scent, which is quite region specific (I haven't seen Oud perfumes in those few European Duty Frees I've been to) and I can only assume she is comparing prices of DF and regular shops.
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 18:27
Hi Sue R, I went to a perfume shop located in the Cooperative in Al Barsha. This was in June. I bought perfumes to take back as gifts. They were at discounted prices. You may want to check it out. <em>edited by jackson5 on 14/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 17:04
And I've just read that Dubai duty free is extending their usual one-day Christmas discount to three days, 18-20 Dec, 25% off. Bonus :) I have just met one of the staff from their perfume staff ( small world) and he has just told me this I am going to miss it again as fly a few days after :cry:
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 16:57
And I've just read that Dubai duty free is extending their usual one-day Christmas discount to three days, 18-20 Dec, 25% off. Bonus :)
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 13:35
Thanks everyone. I did manage to find the duty free price list and indeed it is cheaper there. So now a nail biting wait to find out if there's any left when I get there!
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 12:49
It actually does work out cheaper! Unless you find a sale somewhere.
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 12:32
And is there any way to check if they have it in stock before you get to the airport? I'm looking for a specific perfume as a gift and would hate to leave it for duty free, only to find they don't have it :) If you Google Dubai Duty Free price list it should should come up I don't know if it will say what stock they have as it only shows the prices They are usually very well stocked and I have never had a problem getting what I need from there
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 12:19
And is there any way to check if they have it in stock before you get to the airport? I'm looking for a specific perfume as a gift and would hate to leave it for duty free, only to find they don't have it :)
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 12:16
Have you looked at Souq.com I've had a couple of good deals from them recently
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 11:58
I'd like to get the new Gucci "Oud" perfume, but not sure whether to get it here or in Duty Free at the airport. Is it really cheaper there? - I've never been convinced. If I thought I'd get it in the UK I'd wait until we get home but not sure if they would have this there, being a Middle Eastern type fragrance. Any thoughts? it works out at 86GBP at the airport and 95 to 105GBP on English websites including the Gucci main page
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 11:45
Yes they are cheaper in duty free than in regular shops (at least by 60-80 Dhs) Wow really?!! Good to know They really are Polly. I tend to compare with the Perfume Shop in the UK and they always come out cheaper. Alcohol is the same. The only thing that is cheaper at home compared to Dubai is Champagne as it is usually on offer at sainsburys etc
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 11:42
Yes they are cheaper in duty free than in regular shops (at least by 60-80 Dhs) Wow really?!! Good to know
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 11:29
Much cheaper at Duty Free. I always wait to buy my perfumes there
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 09:31
Unless you get it from wholesale shops in Diera... they would be cheaper in Duty Free... !
Latest post on 13 December 2014 - 19:58
Yes they are cheaper in duty free than in regular shops (at least by 60-80 Dhs)
Latest post on 13 December 2014 - 17:27
I remember some time back someone posted a duty free price list so that you could compare. Might be worth doing a search .

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY