My mum got diabetes | ExpatWoman.com

My mum got diabetes

Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 09:48
I so feel for you... my mum is a gem... she has diabetes since 15 years and she has never taken insulin ... she always takes care of her diet... obviously she indulges once in a while... but her routine is healthy... despite that she has health issues as she is bound to have at her age... I feel being conscientious about ones own health is a way of showing your love for your loved ones... the healthier you are, the happier they are and less of a burden you are on them...! <em>edited by Grittt1 on 15/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 17:30
If possible get her to log (or log on her behalf) everything onto myfitnesspal.com That really is an incredible amount of food. Once she sees how much sugar she is in taking on a daily basis she may rethink. Good luck!
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 17:26
Go for moral blackmail. Tell her you love her and can't bare to see her eating herself to death. Tell her you (and her grandchildren?) want to spend many more holidays together. Maybe it helps, aybe it doesn't, but it won't hurt anyone.
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 16:57
My mother is also the same, its like it reaches a certain stage where they don't care, arguing with her will increase her sugar level also. Just ignore but advice once in a friendly manner as people say "What to do yani::biggrin:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY