Siege Underway in Sydney's CBD | ExpatWoman.com

Siege Underway in Sydney's CBD

Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 06:36

Thinking of everyone with family there.

We are holding our collective breath waiting for this to be resolved peacefully.

http://www.news.com.au/national/a-man-is-holding-several-people-hostage-...
<em>edited by Stix on 15/12/2014</em>

Latest post on 21 December 2014 - 15:10
In a beautiful update - THIS, is Islam. https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/25832014/muslim-brides-unique-martin-place-tribute/
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 13:38
Londiamond, my cousin was one of the police officers at the seige, in what capacity we wont know because he doesnt share too much of what goes on with his work. Needless to say I am proud that he was there to assist in the ending of the situation. I find your comments quite offensive and ill informed. Unfortunately the consequences of a hostage situation are tragic and families have lost children, siblings and parents and this is the same for the hostage taker, I am sure his family are filled with guilt. edited by littleone on 16/12/2014 Lolacat took my comment out of context and dramatized it against me... no surprise. My comment was directed at the joke of the hostage-taker. That he was a joke. Not that the police were. All respect for the police as he said there were bombs. The hostage taker had 6 people run to - that he was so bad at what he was doing that it was practically an open door hostage situation. edited by Londiamond on 16/12/2014 Your comment was not taken out of any context, it was what it was and everyone read it. As for a joke, i do not see anyone laughing, what a very perculiar perspective. Please stop passing comments on this thread. edited by Lolacat on 16/12/2014 Lolacat you have taken the comment out of context, and you did overreact to it. It was very clear that she mean that if they can proof that she died of the heart attack due to the siege (which is very probable) the gunman, if still alive, would be held responsible for it. Yes he is dead now, but Londiamond was not being insensitive or making comments uncalled for. Everyone is shocked and upset, and it will take a long time for many to recover from this ordeal. But let's not tumble over each other trying to be the most righteous here in commenting, and attack others when misunderstanding what they have said. And yes, the gunman is a pathetic piece of ****. A joke yes. It's good he's a dead man. But I just can't get my head around the fact that these awful crimes seem to be committed by people with a long past of crimes. People like that need to remain locked up forever. I really hope laws will get stricter in terms of keeping people behind bars for longer.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 12:21
[i'>I didn't bother to read on about what happened to him as I did not really care. I only read about the cafe manager, the mother of 3, and that the police had gone in and were shooting and throwing grenades. I then read about the hostages running out. I did not read on to see if he came out under arrest or had been killed[/i'>. If you can't be bothered to inform yourself of the details then maybe you shouldn't be commenting on them, especially in the manner that you did. Well said DT, the mind boggles at such ignorance.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 12:17
[i'>I didn't bother to read on about what happened to him as I did not really care. I only read about the cafe manager, the mother of 3, and that the police had gone in and were shooting and throwing grenades. I then read about the hostages running out. I did not read on to see if he came out under arrest or had been killed[/i'>. If you can't be bothered to inform yourself of the details then maybe you shouldn't be commenting on them, especially in the manner that you did.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 12:13
To take this thread in a (hopefully) more respectful direction: I would just like to say I am in Sydney just now and have been very assured by the responses and attitudes of the majority of people here. It is tragic beyond words that two poor hostages lost their lives, that others were hurt and all were no doubt traumatised, but aside from the cordoned off area right at the cafe, the rest of the city seems resilient and going about their business without any hysteria or unnecessary drama and just feel desperately sorry for the families and friends of the victims. As the hours go on myself and others are wondering why on earth this guy was in the community when he was out on bail for being an accessory to his ex-wife's murder and 40 something counts of assault against women. That was another shocking revelation. All in all it is desperately sad but I was confident in the response of the emergency services and the majority of the public here. Its just tragic that we had the opportunity to find out how prepared the emergency services were for this sort of tragedy. edited by 5abum on 16/12/2014 Well said, and good to hear.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 11:22
To take this thread in a (hopefully) more respectful direction: I would just like to say I am in Sydney just now and have been very assured by the responses and attitudes of the majority of people here. It is tragic beyond words that two poor hostages lost their lives, that others were hurt and all were no doubt traumatised, but aside from the cordoned off area right at the cafe, the rest of the city seems resilient and going about their business without any hysteria or unnecessary drama and just feel desperately sorry for the families and friends of the victims. As the hours go on myself and others are wondering why on earth this guy was in the community when he was out on bail for being an accessory to his ex-wife's murder and 40 something counts of assault against women. That was another shocking revelation. All in all it is desperately sad but I was confident in the response of the emergency services and the majority of the public here. Its just tragic that we had the opportunity to find out how prepared the emergency services were for this sort of tragedy. <em>edited by 5abum on 16/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 11:18
RIP to those that have died. Thoughts and prayers with Australia today.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 11:11
[b'>Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot?[/b'> I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. Just read that the poor woman died in hospital of a heart attack. No mention of her being shot. Very sad. If they can show that had it not been for the stress of that day that she may not have had a heart attack,they could pin that on the hostage-taker. It does not surprise me that people thumbed the link down. I have said it once and will always stand by it, there are a lot of people living here who put on a fake face when they walk to the door who are very against the practices here. Really? "pin that on the hostage taker"? So inappropriate and uncalled for, people have died, give it a rest with the political agenda. In the US a guy has just gunned down a whole family, this stuff happens all over the world, why do people need to make it into something else? This had nothing to do with Dubai so why even try to insinuate/mention that there is some sort of connection? This ignorant mentality is what propagates divide and intolerance. It is called a chain of causation in laws. And the prosecution, and on behalf of her loved ones who will want this man away for as long as possible, if "ut for" his actions, she may not have had that heart attack, then he can be charged with manslaughter. Very hard to do seeing as he is dead. I didn't bother to read on about what happened to him as I did not really care. I only read about the cafe manager, the mother of 3, and that the police had gone in and were shooting and throwing grenades. I then read about the hostages running out. I did not read on to see if he came out under arrest or had been killed. Good that the papers did not glorify him enough to put it in the beginning of a lot of the news. That the news was headlined with those who lost their lives, and thoughts for them.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 11:07
Londiamond, my cousin was one of the police officers at the seige, in what capacity we wont know because he doesnt share too much of what goes on with his work. Needless to say I am proud that he was there to assist in the ending of the situation. I find your comments quite offensive and ill informed. Unfortunately the consequences of a hostage situation are tragic and families have lost children, siblings and parents and this is the same for the hostage taker, I am sure his family are filled with guilt. edited by littleone on 16/12/2014 Lolacat took my comment out of context and dramatized it against me... no surprise. My comment was directed at the joke of the hostage-taker. That he was a joke. Not that the police were. All respect for the police as he said there were bombs. The hostage taker had 6 people run to - that he was so bad at what he was doing that it was practically an open door hostage situation. edited by Londiamond on 16/12/2014 Even so, when you say he was a joke, you imply that the hostages and police were jokes too as they were unable to escape/resolve the situation. I will go further to say that he was in fact, no joke. He has brought fear and terror to a Nation. He taken a mother away from her children, and taken the life of a young man. He had the world media trained on a chocolate cafe in Sydney for close to 20 hours. International intelligence sources are analysing the events, Australians are considering their approach to refugees and asylum seekers. So perhaps, not as silly as you might think.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 11:07
I wasnt referring to Lolacat, it was your comment: [i'>The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down.[/i'> I highly doubt that trained negotiators think that this is an appropriate strategy which is therefore the reason that they didnt do it. Commentary from ex military experts said that it isnt unusual to wait until nightfall when the hostage taker is getting tired and then to make a move. Only when a hostages life was in danger or the situation was escalating to a point when the hostages were in danger did the police intervene.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 11:05
Londiamond, my cousin was one of the police officers at the seige, in what capacity we wont know because he doesnt share too much of what goes on with his work. Needless to say I am proud that he was there to assist in the ending of the situation. I find your comments quite offensive and ill informed. Unfortunately the consequences of a hostage situation are tragic and families have lost children, siblings and parents and this is the same for the hostage taker, I am sure his family are filled with guilt. edited by littleone on 16/12/2014 Lolacat took my comment out of context and dramatized it against me... no surprise. My comment was directed at the joke of the hostage-taker. That he was a joke. Not that the police were. All respect for the police as he said there were bombs. The hostage taker had 6 people run to - that he was so bad at what he was doing that it was practically an open door hostage situation. edited by Londiamond on 16/12/2014 Your comment was not taken out of any context, it was what it was and everyone read it. As for a joke, i do not see anyone laughing, what a very perculiar perspective. Please stop passing comments on this thread. <em>edited by Lolacat on 16/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 11:02
[b'>Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot?[/b'> I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. Just read that the poor woman died in hospital of a heart attack. No mention of her being shot. Very sad. If they can show that had it not been for the stress of that day that she may not have had a heart attack,they could pin that on the hostage-taker. It does not surprise me that people thumbed the link down. I have said it once and will always stand by it, there are a lot of people living here who put on a fake face when they walk to the door who are very against the practices here. Really? "pin that on the hostage taker"? So inappropriate and uncalled for, people have died, give it a rest with the political agenda. In the US a guy has just gunned down a whole family, this stuff happens all over the world, why do people need to make it into something else? This had nothing to do with Dubai so why even try to insinuate/mention that there is some sort of connection? This ignorant mentality is what propagates divide and intolerance. It is called a chain of causation in laws. And the prosecution, and on behalf of her loved ones who will want this man away for as long as possible, if "ut for" his actions, she may not have had that heart attack, then he can be charged with manslaughter. Are you really this insensitive? The man is dead for goodness sake, he can not be prosecuted, did they not teach that in law school? You have been asked by several posters now to pull back and not continue with diatribe, yet you continue. All that needs to be said is rest in peace those who lost their lives, condolences to all the family members and may everyone involved have the strength to regain some normality in their lives, and that includes all the police, ambulance crews, fire crews, and of course all the hostages and their families. A sad day for Australia.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 11:00
Londiamond, my cousin was one of the police officers at the seige, in what capacity we wont know because he doesnt share too much of what goes on with his work. Needless to say I am proud that he was there to assist in the ending of the situation. I find your comments quite offensive and ill informed. Unfortunately the consequences of a hostage situation are tragic and families have lost children, siblings and parents and this is the same for the hostage taker, I am sure his family are filled with guilt. edited by littleone on 16/12/2014 Lolacat took my comment out of context and dramatized it against me... no surprise. My comment was directed at the joke of the hostage-taker. That he was a joke. Not that the police were. All respect for the police as he said there were bombs. The hostage taker had 6 people run to - that he was so bad at what he was doing that it was practically an open door hostage situation. <em>edited by Londiamond on 16/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 10:57
[b'>Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot?[/b'> I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. Just read that the poor woman died in hospital of a heart attack. No mention of her being shot. Very sad. If they can show that had it not been for the stress of that day that she may not have had a heart attack,they could pin that on the hostage-taker. It does not surprise me that people thumbed the link down. I have said it once and will always stand by it, there are a lot of people living here who put on a fake face when they walk to the door who are very against the practices here. Really? "pin that on the hostage taker"? So inappropriate and uncalled for, people have died, give it a rest with the political agenda. In the US a guy has just gunned down a whole family, this stuff happens all over the world, why do people need to make it into something else? This had nothing to do with Dubai so why even try to insinuate/mention that there is some sort of connection? This ignorant mentality is what propagates divide and intolerance. It is called a chain of causation in laws. And the prosecution, and on behalf of her loved ones who will want this man away for as long as possible, if "ut for" his actions, she may not have had that heart attack, then he can be charged with manslaughter. Very hard to do seeing as he is dead.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 10:53
[b'>Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot?[/b'> I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. Just read that the poor woman died in hospital of a heart attack. No mention of her being shot. Very sad. If they can show that had it not been for the stress of that day that she may not have had a heart attack,they could pin that on the hostage-taker. It does not surprise me that people thumbed the link down. I have said it once and will always stand by it, there are a lot of people living here who put on a fake face when they walk to the door who are very against the practices here. Really? "pin that on the hostage taker"? So inappropriate and uncalled for, people have died, give it a rest with the political agenda. In the US a guy has just gunned down a whole family, this stuff happens all over the world, why do people need to make it into something else? This had nothing to do with Dubai so why even try to insinuate/mention that there is some sort of connection? This ignorant mentality is what propagates divide and intolerance. It is called a chain of causation in laws. And the prosecution, and on behalf of her loved ones who will want this man away for as long as possible, if "ut for" his actions, she may not have had that heart attack, then he can be charged with manslaughter.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 10:49
Londiamond, my cousin was one of the police officers at the seige, in what capacity we wont know because he doesnt share too much of what goes on with his work. Needless to say I am proud that he was there to assist in the ending of the situation. I find your comments quite offensive and ill informed. Unfortunately the consequences of a hostage situation are tragic and families have lost children, siblings and parents and this is the same for the hostage taker, I am sure his family are filled with guilt. <em>edited by littleone on 16/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 10:11
Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot? I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. My understanding is that she died as a result of protecting her friend who was pregnant. The police gameplan had been to wait it out and resolve it without violence however their plan abruptly changed when around 2.10 am they heard 2 shots being fired inside - he had a shot gun, which if it was double barreled would have 2 shots before needing to be reloaded. Hence the police were trying to stop him in time before reloading and shooting more hostages. This is a very sad day for Australians, please don't fight in this thread.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 09:53
[b'>Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot?[/b'> I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. Just read that the poor woman died in hospital of a heart attack. No mention of her being shot. Very sad. If they can show that had it not been for the stress of that day that she may not have had a heart attack,they could pin that on the hostage-taker. It does not surprise me that people thumbed the link down. I have said it once and will always stand by it, there are a lot of people living here who put on a fake face when they walk to the door who are very against the practices here. Really? "pin that on the hostage taker"? So inappropriate and uncalled for, people have died, give it a rest with the political agenda. In the US a guy has just gunned down a whole family, this stuff happens all over the world, why do people need to make it into something else? This had nothing to do with Dubai so why even try to insinuate/mention that there is some sort of connection? This ignorant mentality is what propagates divide and intolerance.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 09:18
[b'>Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot?[/b'> I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. Just read that the poor woman died in hospital of a heart attack. No mention of her being shot. I've read that she was killed trying to protect her pregnant friend.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 09:06
[b'>Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot?[/b'> I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. Just read that the poor woman died in hospital of a heart attack. No mention of her being shot. Very sad. If they can show that had it not been for the stress of that day that she may not have had a heart attack,they could pin that on the hostage-taker. It does not surprise me that people thumbed the link down. I have said it once and will always stand by it, there are a lot of people living here who put on a fake face when they walk to the door who are very against the practices here.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 09:03
I am almost in tears watching the #illridewithyou feed. Please people, check out this article. It will make you feel all sorts of warm/fuzzy/proud/sad feelings. http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/australians-offer-to-ride-to-work-with-people-in-religious-a?utm_term=4ldqpia This is beautiful... beats me how 4 people can be against it... how can anyone on a forum like EW be against the message of love and tolerance...! Quite easily. A knee jerk reaction and based on the eveidence so far this was one lone fuitcase known to authorities, not an organised terror plot. How does that change the fact that every day Australians want to ensure the muslim community feel safe? In a time where they may be feeling vulnerable and scared?
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 09:00
Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot? I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. T[b'>he police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. [/b'> The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. There will be an investigation into the conduct of the various agencies involved in the event. I'm pretty confident that if the police thought it was safe to just waltz on in and take him down, they would have done so.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 09:00
Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot? I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. As you were not there, nor part of the police team comments such as yours are naive and wildly ignorant. People have died and endured a terrible ordeal, no one needs ignorant comments about what the police should have done!
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 08:59
[b'>Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot?[/b'> I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do. Just read that the poor woman died in hospital of a heart attack. No mention of her being shot.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 08:56
I am almost in tears watching the #illridewithyou feed. Please people, check out this article. It will make you feel all sorts of warm/fuzzy/proud/sad feelings. http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/australians-offer-to-ride-to-work-with-people-in-religious-a?utm_term=4ldqpia This is beautiful... beats me how 4 people can be against it... how can anyone on a forum like EW be against the message of love and tolerance...! Quite easily. A knee jerk reaction and based on the eveidence so far this was one lone fuitcase known to authorities, not an organised terror plot.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 08:56
I am almost in tears watching the #illridewithyou feed. Please people, check out this article. It will make you feel all sorts of warm/fuzzy/proud/sad feelings. http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/australians-offer-to-ride-to-work-with-people-in-religious-a?utm_term=4ldqpia This is beautiful... beats me how 4 people can be against it... how can anyone on a forum like EW be against the message of love and tolerance...! Who knows - but least of my worries today thankfully. :)
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 08:54
I am almost in tears watching the #illridewithyou feed. Please people, check out this article. It will make you feel all sorts of warm/fuzzy/proud/sad feelings. http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/australians-offer-to-ride-to-work-with-people-in-religious-a?utm_term=4ldqpia This is beautiful... beats me how 4 people can be against it... how can anyone on a forum like EW be against the message of love and tolerance...!
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 08:42
Did anyone read how the female victim ended up being shot? I read that the male victim lost his life as he tried to overpower the hostage-taker, so go shot in the fight. But, I did not read any claim that the hostage-taker shot the female, only that she had been killed. Was it a case of police going in shooting, and she was hit in the crossfire? As it said they went in shooting, throwing brandades. The entire siege was farcical on the hostage-takers behalf. 6 people escaped, he took the wrong flag so one of his negotiation requests was for the ISIS flag... come on. The police could have walked in at 10am or snuck in in free clothes, armed, (apparently there was an easy entry/exit point if 6 people broke free) and taken him down. The #illridewithyou hashtag is a very lovely thing for the public to do.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 06:46
One was a mother of three. Tragic.
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 22:53
Unfortunately it's two of the hostages who have tragically lost their lives and the hostage taker. I feel for their families.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY