Duty free allowance question | ExpatWoman.com

Duty free allowance question

Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:05

Hi

Does anyone know if I can buy Duty Free at Dubai airport even though I have to transit through another EU airport before I get to the UK

Thanks in advance

Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 01:24
UK only allow 1 litre, I wouldnt bother i you go into transit. I have asked for the bag to be sealed and have the receipt placed inside, but this wasnt into europe.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 14:34
I don't think my boss will give me an extra 2-5 days off to go to the sale at DFF :biggrin: LOL wouldn't that be nice!
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 14:11
Apart from this weekend when I believe there's 25% off everything (always worth booking your flight to coincide with their birthday!) most bottles are actually cheaper in the UK at the moment with Christmas promotions at the big supermarkets. Grey Goose never is :-( it is always 10-15GBP more expensive in the UK now champagne we are talking. It was on offer in Sainsburys so family/friends took advantage haha I don't think my boss will give me an extra 2-5 days off to go to the sale at DFF :biggrin:
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 13:21
Apart from this weekend when I believe there's 25% off everything (always worth booking your flight to coincide with their birthday!) most bottles are actually cheaper in the UK at the moment with Christmas promotions at the big supermarkets.
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:27
We only found out when they asked for our boarding pass at the till. If I remember, all we could take through was chocolate. Also when we got to Schipol there was quite a lot of booze having to be dumped, before people got on their connecting flights. I remember seeing that at Charles De Gaulle 2 years ago. Some poor woman was having a bag confiscated. I wonder why they don't seal them at DXB edited by sarahlou123 on 15/12/2014 I really don't know as it's the only airport I'v ever used that doesn't. It pained me to see so much going to waste :(
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:21
We only found out when they asked for our boarding pass at the till. If I remember, all we could take through was chocolate. Also when we got to Schipol there was quite a lot of booze having to be dumped, before people got on their connecting flights. I remember seeing that at Charles De Gaulle 2 years ago. Some poor woman was having a bag confiscated. I wonder why they don't seal them at DXB <em>edited by sarahlou123 on 15/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:19
We only found out when they asked for our boarding pass at the till. If I remember, all we could take through was chocolate. Also when we got to Schipol there was quite a lot of booze having to be dumped, before people got on their connecting flights.
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:18
I wouldn't risk it, but did think - don't they have that service where they will give it to you when you land?! I don't know, I know you can when you fly direct but never sure when going via another airport It doesn't really matter too much :biggrin:
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:17
I wouldn't risk it, but did think - don't they have that service where they will give it to you when you land?!
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:15
You're safer not to (although most of the staff at duty free will tell you that it's ok.) I've had issues at Schipol and LHR. My colleague said she bought some and they let her through at Schipol but I won't risk it being confiscated Thanks all
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:11
You're safer not to (although most of the staff at duty free will tell you that it's ok.) I've had issues at Schipol and LHR.
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:07
We couldn't buy booze when we went back via Schipol. Purely because they don't seal the bags. Had no problem on the way back. Thanks
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 12:06
We couldn't buy booze when we went back via Schipol. Purely because they don't seal the bags. Had no problem on the way back.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY