baby & toddler group? | ExpatWoman.com

baby & toddler group?

Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 15:16

Hi there!

I moved to Doha from the UK with my husband, 21 month old daughter and 1 month old son at the end of November and I now want to find out about any expat mum/baby/toddler groups that are on before my daughter and I drive each other mad! My daughter has had no children her age to mix with since we arrived and is used to 2 or 3 social gatherings a week with her little friends back home!

Can anyone recommend any groups we could attend, or places we could go for her to let off steam?

Thanks in advance :)

Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 16:28
cagirlintexas we are in the Old Airport area...
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 19:02
The fun city playgroup counts as an event to register, that's why I suggested it. Just ask around who the hostess is if it's not immediately obvious (they used to wear a badge, not sure if that's still the case!)
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 17:48
What part of town are you in. I am at the pearl and have a 3 month old.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 13:33
Hi Budge34 Thanks for your message. It would be great to get in touch, if you don't mind passing on your email address. I've had a look at the Doha Mum's website and there does seem to be a fair amount going on according to the site, although much more once you are registered. But they don't give you much choice of groups before you register and you need to go to one of those groups before you can register (if that makes sense!). I will try and get to one of them at some point though. We are settling in ok thanks. We literally have only been here 3 weeks so everything is very new! But I'm sure we will get there!
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 02:46
Check out Doha Mums, there are plenty of organised and informal playgroups for you to attend! You need to attend an event in order to join, there is a playgroup at Fun City in City Centre every Thursday that would be perfect for your daughter. More details on the DM website.
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 21:35
Hi Lisa! I've just had a baby boy myself and was wondering if there are any groups or meet ups for mummy's and their little ones,I'm not a member of Doha mums,this is my first baby so would like to make some new friends while in doha! If you would like to get in touch let me know and I could pop my email on here then delete it once I know you've got it! Hope your settling in ok ;)
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 16:35
Hi Lisa, My name is myriam, I'm french and will be in Qatar early january. I have a son and a daughter (5 and 24month), I know that there is a group "doha mum" you can subscribe and meet mums and children. good luck ;) regards Myriam