Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar for warts? | ExpatWoman.com

Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar for warts?

Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 16:19

Been reading apple cider vinegar on a small piece of cotton wool that is taped onto the wart at night will remove it after a week or so - has anyone heard of this? Thanks

Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 13:38
Cover the wart with duct tape and leave in place for 6 days. Remove the tape on the 7th day, soaking the area of the wart and removing dead skin with a pumice stone or emery board. Leave the duct tape off for the whole 7th day. Reapply for another 6 days, repeating the cycle until the wart is gone.
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 13:30
Many thanks for the replies - tried it last night. I also found the small pad did not stay in place and the smell was rather strong! I used an elastoplast strip but I think that is wrong as they have little holes that allow the skin to breath and I think the point of duct tape is that it doesn't! Wart is killed off by not getting oxygen?! Will report on result if I carry on with it!
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 19:36
Remember not to do these home remedies on any facial moles or warts. Only on the rest of the body.
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 18:52
Not quite the same but I have used banana skin successfully for verrucas. Tape a small piece of banana skin (fleshy side in contact) to wart and leave overnight. Repeat daily until wart goes. I think it took about a week.
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 17:17
Bingo, I probably read the same websites as you. I used ACV and iodine and managed to get rid of a mole a few years ago and it never came back. My husband did the same thing with a wart and it worked as well. You have to sand it down a little first and put Vaseline on the outside as the ACV will irritate the skin. Soak cotton wool in the vinegar and tape it up. It took about a month to go. Try it and see. <em>edited by Alismum on 15/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 17:06
I tried but discontinued as I couldnt stand the vinegar smell through the house! My DH and kids were complaining I was stinking up the house. Lol!
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 16:59
Bingo, I gave it a try a month or so ago but it did not work for me but, in all honesty, did not give it a real go. My wart is about the size of a small pea, and it was very hard to keep the cider pad in place and dry (dishes, bath, et al.). I think it could have had a shot if I could have kept it in place as it did tingle and became irritated after a short while at the beginning. Give it a go if yours is in a more "convenient" place. Since we are speaking of warts -- has anyone had a wart that is smooth all over -- not spikey or irregular. I am assuming it is a wart as I have had them in the past --- but not like this type.
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 16:32
Haven't tried apple cider vinegar but duct tape worked for me! http://www.patient.co.uk/health/warts-and-verrucas

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY