Greens to Sharjah Airport on Friday | ExpatWoman.com

Greens to Sharjah Airport on Friday

Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 09:23
Just go to Google maps and type Dubai traffic in the search bar, the roads will spear with green (moving) or red (slow) or yellow (sluggish) colours depending on the traffic flow, easy :) Brilliant! So THIS is what they use on the radio when they announce road traffic! I seriously had no idea and am always impressed, but now I can do it myself :)
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 00:49
Shukran everyone. Yes, the flight is early afternoon. Google traffic - good idea. I need to work out how that works. By-pass road, I will tell driver to go that way. Good idea. I hope I have allowed enough time. I am a little anxious, LOL. Many thanks for the ideas. Just go to Google maps and type Dubai traffic in the search bar, the roads will spear with green (moving) or red (slow) or yellow (sluggish) colours depending on the traffic flow, easy :)
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 16:05
Shukran everyone. Yes, the flight is early afternoon. Google traffic - good idea. I need to work out how that works. By-pass road, I will tell driver to go that way. Good idea. I hope I have allowed enough time. I am a little anxious, LOL. Many thanks for the ideas.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 14:33
There's never a problem getting to SIA if you use the bypass road. Even during rush hour you would be fine. It will take you about 35-40 minutes using that road but allow an hour to be sure. Where you may need extra time is at check in. The doors to the airport are small and if there are hundreds of people trying to get throught them with trollies it can be bad. This is usually et Eid time though and for the night time flights. 2 hours will be enough so leave 3 hours before just to be safe - but if it looks hectic you can pay for the Hala executive service which is a premium check in service. Happy hols!
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 12:10
What time is your flight? If its early morning up to lunch then the traffic pretty light I would leave an hour to travel on Emirates road Give another hour for check in OP says its an afternoon flight. Need my glasses on haha I actually only just noticed that wearing my glasses!
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 12:01
What time is your flight? If its early morning up to lunch then the traffic pretty light I would leave an hour to travel on Emirates road Give another hour for check in OP says its an afternoon flight. Need my glasses on haha
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 10:14
What time is your flight? If its early morning up to lunch then the traffic pretty light I would leave an hour to travel on Emirates road Give another hour for check in OP says its an afternoon flight.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 10:12
What time is your flight? If its early morning up to lunch then the traffic pretty light I would leave an hour to travel on Emirates road Give another hour for check in
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 10:10
It's a bit difficult for anyone to predict exactly how long you would need when so many factors are involved, the traffic, the number of people leaving from Sharjah, unforeseen things that could happen. But what may help at least with the journey is to check Google traffic in the hours running up to your leaving the Greens to see how congested the roads are running and then allow extra time accordingly. I would leave at least an hour earlier than normal as a precaution anyway in case the terminal is chaotic. Happy travels! hth
Latest post on 16 December 2014 - 21:54
I have just seen the article in the media about Friday being the busiest day of the year at Dubai International. I have to fly out of Sharjah Airport Friday afternoon. How much time do you thing I should plan to drive there from the Greens? get through check in? If any body can help with advice I would be very grateful. Thank you

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY