Carpenter anywhere | ExpatWoman.com

Carpenter anywhere

Latest post on 08 February 2018 - 01:51
In my opinion Farhad is too expensive. I have hired a new guy but will not recommend him until he finishes the job and am pleased with his work... will keep you posted!
Can you pls share the details?
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 10:52
Hello, "Hot Chocolate" do you think you can recommend your carpenter? I am also in need of one to build a TV stand, my TV doesn't have a base, and I don't want to drill a whole on the wall, since it as a rented apartment. That is why I was thinking to custom make a very basic TV stand. If anyone could recommend another carpenter, please let me know. Thanks!!
Latest post on 16 January 2015 - 09:40
In my opinion Farhad is too expensive. I have hired a new guy but will not recommend him until he finishes the job and am pleased with his work... will keep you posted!
Latest post on 03 January 2015 - 17:29
Warning about Farhad the carpenter - we've just used his services based on the recommendations from this forum and have had a very bad experience. He quoted me to build 2 cupboards and clean up an oak table. When he came to install the cupboards he was adamant his quote was just for one cupboard and not for 2. Which makes it one heck of an expensive wardrobe made of cheap mdf (ikea quality is better). He also managed to drill a hole for the handle in the wrong place, then tried to patch it up with some sort of filler which looks awful. He's refused to adjust his exorbitant price to take into account the fact that I was expecting 2 cupboards for that money and also because of his botch up and has been harassing me for the full amount. I've learned my lesson to get everything in writing but he was quite clear when we discussed requirements what we agreed. I feel badly ripped off and so angry. Please be careful in dealing with this individual. I never had any problems with his work and neither have quite a few others who also recommended him on the forum which is also where I got his name from too in the first place. No idea what went wrong for you but it sounds like a misunderstanding over the price and lack of clarity in the materials agreed upon.
Latest post on 03 January 2015 - 13:41
Warning about Farhad the carpenter - we've just used his services based on the recommendations from this forum and have had a very bad experience. He quoted me to build 2 cupboards and clean up an oak table. When he came to install the cupboards he was adamant his quote was just for one cupboard and not for 2. Which makes it one heck of an expensive wardrobe made of cheap mdf (ikea quality is better). He also managed to drill a hole for the handle in the wrong place, then tried to patch it up with some sort of filler which looks awful. He's refused to adjust his exorbitant price to take into account the fact that I was expecting 2 cupboards for that money and also because of his botch up and has been harassing me for the full amount. I've learned my lesson to get everything in writing but he was quite clear when we discussed requirements what we agreed. I feel badly ripped off and so angry. Please be careful in dealing with this individual.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 21:25
Thank you both very much - appreciate your advice :-)
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 21:24
I have had some custom carpentry done by Farhad, if you put his name in the search you will get the details and there are many other threads with recommendations for others, just put carpenter in the search feature. hth
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 09:58
I have had some custom carpentry done by Farhad, if you put his name in the search you will get the details and there are many other threads with recommendations for others, just put carpenter in the search feature. hth
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 08:03
We need a custom built wardrobe - not fancy just size specific - apparently there are some good ones - not sure where to start? Live in the springs any recommendations welcome, thanks & merry Christmas :-)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY