The smallest coffins are the heaviest | ExpatWoman.com

The smallest coffins are the heaviest

Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 18:43

The death toll from the Peshawar Attack is still rising in the hospital with the injured succumbing to their injuries. Rest in peace litle ones for you are in a much much better place. I pray no mother has to see a day where they have to bury their dear child. it's a dark world we live in.

Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 21:22
These murderous thugs are only powerful in regions where law and order are at best minimal and at worst seriously compromised. Their strength lies in their ability to instill fear in the vulnerable, and they will continue to do so until they are prevented by robust local law enforcement. And I cannot see that happening any time soon. This is less about religion and more about power, and unless there is the political will to transcend patronage and corruption, nothing will change.
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 20:12
your voices are heard. The terrorists are so very much louder that they drown out e everything else….it is like the school bullies in the playground, everyone is afraid of them and those that want to be part of the 'group' also join the bullies until there are only bullies left :(
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 10:37
[. But if such atrocities were being committed in the name of my own religion and on an almost daily basis, I would be the first to get angry and I would want to defend my religion and its name. That is all I am saying. Which is what I do and almost everyone I know as well who is Muslim. We did it after 9/11, and we did it after every major attack. Surely by now, our voices should have been heard by anyone who wanted to listen.
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 09:29
Why aren't Muslims the world over out protesting this? I don't understand it. Why? The silence is deafening. What kind of protest are you expecting? The people who commit these atrocities are not Muslims. We do not identify with them. There are many people claiming to be Muslims doing terrible things, but there are many more good Muslims who don't...but that's not newsworthy. Since 9/11, you keep hearing this over and over again, on how "ordinary" Muslims are indirectly complicit in such acts as they do not "condemn" the perpetrators. It is mostly BS, as the vast majority of the Muslim World has suffered from such acts, and never ever support them. But it is never enough for some... edited by Arch on 18/12/2014 I never said ordinary Muslims are responsible for these attacks or implicitly support them! They are the also victims of these barbarians. But if such atrocities were being committed in the name of my own religion and on an almost daily basis, I would be the first to get angry and I would want to defend my religion and its name. That is all I am saying.
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 08:18
When one brave young girl was shot at by these same barbarians, many of her own countrymen called it a conspiracy and scoffed at her Peace prize award. Now that the barbarians have not just shot but killed 100+ kids like her, it just brings into light into how ruthless they can be and how you cannot explain such acts just by calling it a conspiracy
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 23:53
What are the Taliban fighting for? is it to slaughter the next generation? children that have nothing to do with them :(…why…what is wrong mentally with these people. They are fighting for their selfish reasons, for power not for religion certainly….the religion they say they are fighting for condems their actions…so have these people lost their way so badly that they have forgotten how to be human :( This is exactly why the Taliban are terrorists, because they overtake and reign via terror instilled in the hearts of those they're trying to overcome - and what better way to do that than to target the beloved innocent children. As Sue said, definitely not for religion, whatever they may espouse. It's purely for power and material gain and nothing more!
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 21:03
What are the Taliban fighting for? is it to slaughter the next generation? children that have nothing to do with them :(…why…what is wrong mentally with these people. They are fighting for their selfish reasons, for power not for religion certainly….the religion they say they are fighting for condems their actions…so have these people lost their way so badly that they have forgotten how to be human :( It scares me. The misguided. Also the misguided scholars led astray: http://islamqa.info/en/90112 Why? I too ask the same question... :(
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 20:44
What are the Taliban fighting for? is it to slaughter the next generation? children that have nothing to do with them :(…why…what is wrong mentally with these people. They are fighting for their selfish reasons, for power not for religion certainly….the religion they say they are fighting for condems their actions…so have these people lost their way so badly that they have forgotten how to be human :(
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 20:06
Faithless, heartless barbarians. I can't imagine anything worse than losing your child. Poor babies.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 19:41
Absolutely heartbreaking. I was choked up reading the telegraph article "They finished in minutes what I lived my whole life for, my son" said a labourer, tears streaming down his face as he buried his 14 year old son Fahad. He said he had worked for years in Dubai to earn a livelihood for his children. How sad is that. My heart breaks for this poor man and all the others who have lost their beloved children. RIP angels. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/11298802/Inside-the-Pakistan-school-harrowing-images-reveal-full-terror-of-Taliban-attack.html ETA This teacher was extremely brave....... http://newsweekpakistan.com/she-was-my-hero/ <em>edited by Alismum on 17/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 18:58
Been trying hard not to keep thinking about it the whole day... its just beyond tragic... how does one heal after something like this... can only pray for the survivors and parents ... !
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 18:47
The title of this thread makes my heart heavy too. I will hold mine a little tighter tonight.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY