Dubai Municipality renumbering houses!!! | ExpatWoman.com

Dubai Municipality renumbering houses!!!

Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 10:35

ok, DM worker came by last night informing me that house numbers in Dubai will all be changed to these really long numbers!!!! he said when I order food, police, taxi I will give those numbers and they will find me.....ok. so how will friends find me? duh..who was the nob head that had nothing to do and thought this one up???? seriously.....there are 10 numbers. In a few months when it is organized, workers will come by and remove the old numbers. We will all get lost for sure lol

Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 09:40
Its' ok - this will only happen when we all have street names...... that's only just been started and not got very far..... I'm still a street number :) Not true. I have my number already, but DM has said it will not be naming our streets for at least 2 more years. And we don't even have street numbers ! We are still giving directions the old fashioned way - left at the park, right by the yellow boat, turn onto the dirt road by the dead palm tree etc :) LOVE it! :lol:
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 11:09
well then, I feel much better :). The guy said they would be removing our old house number and replacing with the new 10 digit. If it is 2 years absolutly no problem ...we won't be here lol
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 10:58
Wish they could manage it so I get post at my door! After 2 years in this building, we are just now getting mailboxes :) Microscopic, though they are
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 10:56
Its' ok - this will only happen when we all have street names...... that's only just been started and not got very far..... I'm still a street number :) Not true. I have my number already, but DM has said it will not be naming our streets for at least 2 more years. And we don't even have street numbers ! We are still giving directions the old fashioned way - left at the park, right by the yellow boat, turn onto the dirt road by the dead palm tree etc :)
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 10:54
Anything would help JVT :(
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 10:53
They are not renumbering your house. They have given you the equivalent of a GPS fix for your house, so that taxi drivers, police, ambulance, food delivery services and so on, can find you by entering your 'tag' into the system. As someone who lives in an area with no street names, and no house numbers, this is a brilliant idea. It is also a great idea when you think about the number of Street 51's, or street 62's etc in the same area, which makes it really difficult (and even life threatening) for the emergency services to know which one they need to go to ! Now they will enter your tag and know where you are. I think you had a bad explanation from your DM guy :) and you will only need to give the first 5 numbers, plus the last one, (I know, hardly different giving 6 not 10!)
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 10:52
Its' ok - this will only happen when we all have street names...... that's only just been started and not got very far..... I'm still a street number :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY