where to buy peanut oil? | ExpatWoman.com

where to buy peanut oil?

Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 07:07
I have seen Groundnut oil consistently in most Waitroses in a 500mL size--that is essentially the same thing, so keep an eye out for that as well. It will not be cheap, and you can substitute with rapeseed or refined sunflower oil. I deep fry chicken in rapeseed oil when cost efficiency is a concern and it is delicious. We deep fried a turkey indoors for Thanksgiving a few years back, and it is by far the best turkey I've ever eaten. However, it was a small turkey (3 kg). We also had an industrial cooker/range-top, an excellent ventilation system in the kitchen, and used a deep pot specifically used for deep frying birds. Anything larger than 6 kilos should not be deep fried at all, and as MC said, it is a major undertaking even with professional equipment. I would not recommend it as a first time venture unless you have 1 or 2 other people helping you and someone has deep fried a turkey before.
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 21:01
I know people who have done it and the results were good. However, it is a very involved process just because of safety considerations. It is NOT something you do indoors and NOT something you do without a great deal of preparation for safety concerns. You may want to do some more research before you undertake the process.
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 20:14
I've seen peanut oil on occasion at Choithram's and I think Safeway. If you do it, please let us know how it turns out. I keep hearing about deep fried turkeys, but I don't know anyone who has done one (even from home). By the way, peanut oil is not cheap, so that will be an a very expensive turkey.
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 19:31
Sounds gross, lol
Latest post on 18 December 2014 - 18:28
Hello we would like to deep fry our turkey in peanut oil, we heard it s suppose to be juice and not greasy at all. The problem is we will need around 4 Gallon ( approx. 16 liter) Does anyone know where we can get this, either here in Dubai or Abu Dhabi? Thanks for your help regards\ Helena

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY