Bad Allergies and sore throat | ExpatWoman.com

Bad Allergies and sore throat

Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 16:14
One of my favourite honey is [url=http://www.iherb.com/Really-Raw-Honey-Never-Barreled-Heated-or-Strained-1-lb-453-g/34371/?rcode=cdf957'>Really Raw Honey[/url'> here from USA you will see the honey "cappings" - crunchy bits of honeycomb, pollen and propolis in hues of brown, gold and amber with rich nutrients and enzymes that help clear sore throat n persisent coughs :) <em>edited by Greaty08 on 22/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 07:12
Cinnamon tea is really good... it works for me too but am usually too lazy to make it...
Latest post on 21 December 2014 - 11:08
Cinnamon, ginger tea with a spoon of honey helps my DD recover real fast if she is coming down with anything... she just started coughing a bit and got slight ever i started giving this at once and she recovered within a day... it always works for her... you just need to boil cinnamon and ginger together for a while and mix the honey in the cup...!
Latest post on 21 December 2014 - 10:46
How are you feeling Beebers? I know I bang on about them a lot on here but they made such a difference to me, if you are still feeling rotten maybe try [url=http://thehealthyhome.ae/'>Healthy Home?[/url'> I'm much better, thanks. didn't have time to run out for ginger yet, but raw honey and the teas I had on hand have helped a lot. A/C cleaners coming this week, and going to have the sofa done as well. Your suggestion of mattress cleaners is a great idea. We have a latex mattress, which I thought was anti allergy, but we've not had it sanitized. That company looks very professional, may as well get everything done!
Latest post on 21 December 2014 - 09:04
How are you feeling Beebers? I know I bang on about them a lot on here but they made such a difference to me, if you are still feeling rotten maybe try [url=http://thehealthyhome.ae/'>Healthy Home?[/url'>
Latest post on 21 December 2014 - 01:18
Old wive's tale but slicing an onion in half and placing by bedside table is supposed to help. I heard this and wondered if it was true, interesting but seems to be just folklore http://www.snopes.com/medical/swineflu/onion.asp
Latest post on 20 December 2014 - 21:35
Old wive's tale but slicing an onion in half and placing by bedside table is supposed to help.
Latest post on 20 December 2014 - 18:01
I'm suffering from these allergies for two weeks now,i choose not to take medicine so I'm feeling so tired,hope everyone will get well soon
Latest post on 20 December 2014 - 18:01
I'm suffering from these allergies for two weeks now,i choose not to take medicine so I'm feeling so tired,hope everyone will get well soon
Latest post on 20 December 2014 - 16:55
raw honey is anti-baterical n help clear sore throat n cough...:)
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 19:40
Thanks Di! Natural "Things and Herb Care for Dummies." Your new book, think about it! You know everything. That's sweet of you, not sure I know enough to write a book I'm more the dummy than the author but that's a great title! :) !
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 19:00
Thanks Di! Natural "Things and Herb Care for Dummies." Your new book, think about it! You know everything.
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 17:08
I find the easiest way of using fresh ginger root is to keep a piece in the freezer in an airtight bag and grate a little off it as needed with a fine grater. No need to worry about the skin it all gets powered up finely and its quick and easier than trying to chop up bits from raw. It lives a good long time in the freezer so its always to hand whenever you need some rather than the fresh ginger root that tends to goes soggy in the fridge quite quickly.
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 16:26
Hey ladies, thanks! As the day has gone on, I am pretty sure it is not an illness but drainage. Wicked, that's sounds great, actually have raw honey on hand. This might sound stupid, but I don't know much about handling ginger. Could I peel it, cut a piece off, and use a garlic press to "mince" it into some honey? Or is that all wrong? Daza, thanks for reporting back on that! I'm going to get some larger than life vanilla beans from the spice souk and finally make some. Actually, maybe if I just drink your topped off vanilla extract, I would feel better? :party: Di, I think you are on to something as they are overdue. And yes, I was fine in a city with heavy smog, wind, and pollution only to come back sneezing. thanks for the ideas, I appreciate it!
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 13:28
Beebers I was suffering the same symptoms and kept thinking I was going down with flu, then I had my ac ducting cleaned and sanitised and never got it again. Just a thought perhaps its the same for you especially since you have been away and its come on since you came back and you say its normal for you in Dubai. The ginger and honey will help for sure, the other thing I found really fantastic is thyme tea. Instant relief for sore throats and congestion. <em>edited by Di@DXB on 19/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 13:25
That sucks Beebers! I'm normally pretty allergic but nothing at the moment. Any chance it could actually be an illness? Been meaning to tell you as well, it's SO worth getting organised and making vanilla extract. Mine is just ready now and it's amazing. Split 10 vanilla pods, put in a glass jar or bottle with 500mls of vodka, in the cupboard for a month, vanilla bonanza. Evidently you can keep topping it up with vodka as you use it too.
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 10:50
Ginger with raw honey! This is my magical treatment for allergy. Drink it twice a day, the throat itchiness with go in 3 days inshallah, but take small sips it is too strong, I also use olbas oil on a muslin & I keep it close to bed, helps to clear the nose congestion Hope you get better soon xx
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 10:21
Anyone else's allergies so bad right now that it is mimicking the beginnings of a respiratory infection? I woke up with a slightly sore throat and swollen glands, and hoping that's all it is, drainage. Been back in Dubai for 5 days and have been sneezing since, but that is pretty normal for me. :(

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY