Where would you recommend I go for a D&C | ExpatWoman.com

Where would you recommend I go for a D&C

Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 10:38

Just found out I've had a missed miscarriage . I'm devastated as didn't ever expect that as have had 3 healthy natural births previously and I didn't really like the way I was told or dealt with at the American Hospital. I left very overwhelmed and lack of information . And just felt I don't have all the information I need to make decisions . I did repeat this is all new to me and don't know what to do or expect but the general response was u need a D&C and quick procedure and that's all. I probed about what's the procedure , what's involved obviously hundred an one questions and seemed like I was being annoying ... This is all amongst the crying and meltdown I was having emotionally!
I need and want someone supportive as don't have family here and didn't Tell friends or family yet as am only 10 week but baby died at 6 weeks . ?

Latest post on 20 December 2014 - 07:26
I don't have any suggestions on the D&C but just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs.
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 17:45
Hi, I had a D&C under general last weekend with Dr Elsa at City Hospital - however not MC related. She was lovely and City Hospital couldn't do enough to make the visit positive and professional, they were very caring. Dr Elsa is due to leave really soon, but told me she will have rooms at City, but I don't have any more details. I will have a follow up with her after the holidays. Hope you find somewhere you are comfortable with x
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 16:52
Oh I'm sorry. My husband is trying to be supportive but I guess there isn't much he can say or do. I just have to accept it and prepare for a D&C I suppose . Thanks for replying
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 16:18
Sadly there was still no heartbeat but it did reassure me that doctor hadn't made a mistake. I was living in a country with limited ambulance service and a 9 month baby and although gynae told me I could wait for natural miscarriage she advised it might not be great if I was alone with my baby. I arrived hospital and had a scan. Was given cytotoxic just before the D&C which actually started the process although I found this bit distressing. I came round very quickly and no real pain and little bleeding. Emotionally was a mess for a bit..DH not very supportive. As we left hospital he suggested we go out for lunch..I refused so he took me home, left me with baby and returned to work. I can wryly laugh now but wasn't laughing at the time.
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 15:58
And? What happened Bhudda? Was it ok or not ?
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 12:20
I'm sorry for your loss. I went through similar thing years ago and like you I was worried that they had maybe got it wrong. My gynae suggested another scan immediately preceding the D&C just to check.
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 12:11
Thank you for your reply . It's very heartbreaking and I know must accept it as Gods will but I still find myself wondering if maybe they made a mistake? I know that's not probable as they are experienced and there was no heartbeat heard ? I guess as had relatively easy births and pregnancies before I just never imagined this would happen to me ! Thank you for your response it felt more supportive than what I felt there ! I'm sure to them it's common and a they deal with it automatic responses but sometimes they should remember people are not automatic machines we sometimes can do with a little gentle approach . I feel scared of surgery too now ! But I'm sure it'll be ok . Thank you again for taking the time to reply x <em>edited by S0_IndEcIsiVe on 19/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 11:07
So sorry for your loss, my baby stopped growing at 10 weeks, I went to Latifa for D&C , they advised me to wait for a week to see if things would start naturally, but it didn't as I had EMCS when I have birth to my son & I don't even dilate or get contractions Anyways, I wasn't given any reasons, things like this happens in 1st tri & the ratio is shockingly high (1:4) of pregnancies ends in a mc in 1st tri. I know how devastated you're feeling right now, I went through it , you can wait for a natural miscarriage but it might take time or you can go for a D&C & get done with it, mine was so straight forward I was in & out in 15 mins, the procedure is under general, I didn't have much bleeding afterwards Other than the feeling of emptiness & leaving the hospital without my baby, I was physically fine, I completed my own paper work & settled the payment , I stayed one night at the hospital but you don't really have to, mine was done at 5 pm so I had to stay for monitoring till next morning They will give you cytotec to help you dilate & this might start a natural mc, for me it didn't work I'm so sorry you have to go through this, big hugs xxx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY