Which is the best shop in Dubai to buy a gaming laptop? | ExpatWoman.com

Which is the best shop in Dubai to buy a gaming laptop?

Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 19:38
As the former owner of a game shop, I highly recommend that you go to the Computer Plaza in Bur Dubai (close to Ramada/Spinneys). There are many shops there that deal with gamers and, it is even better if you have an idea of what type of specifications you want - graphic's card, etc. They can recommend as well if you don't know yourself. You can find recommendations on line as well for game specifications-better graphic cards etc. Shop around a bit there - compare prices from shop to shop. They can put together a computer to your specifications within a day or two (unless they are swamped with xmas). On top of that, the prices are pretty competitive. My only "warning" is make sure you tell them you want genuine chips, boards, etc. and, make sure you get a separate graphic's card as opposed to one integrated into the motherboard. When it comes to gaming, the graphic's card is one of the most important things. Oh, and another thing, If possible, I highly recommend gaming computers that are desk top as opposed to lap top. When gaming, the heat generated from the graphics is the number one problem and laptops are notorious to overheat -- even with the new fangled devices out there that are supposed to keep them cool. Make sure it is well ventilated and a strong fan. Nothing ruins a gaming computer quicker than the heat. I hope this helps. :cool: <em>edited by norak on 19/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 17:03
You could try Grand Stores in the Outlet Mall. My husband bought one there a couple of months ago. It was an older model but about half the price of the newer ones.
Latest post on 19 December 2014 - 12:17
It's a little bit late to order it online. The ones in Virgin are overpriced without even being the latest ones. Please help

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY