planning to get married | ExpatWoman.com

planning to get married

Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 14:23

a pleasant day to everyone..

I just would like to ask and gain some information regrading in getting married in Dubai court. I am Filipina and newly converted to Islam, Hamdullah, and my future husband is a Jordanian (Muslim). We are both having a working visa here. Actually, I have read already on the Dubai Courts website regarding the requirements, however, I have some clarifications. Like, it wasn't stated there on the website if shall I produce a Singleness Certificate from my country which states that I am still Single and have not get married before. I hope anyone would be generous to give me more insights. I called Dubai Courts but for how many hours I have made it they just keep transferring me on the Marriage Section without any successful answer.

Thank You so much...

Latest post on 19 January 2015 - 09:03
1. You as new converted Muslim need to have original certificate from Dubai courts about embracing Islam and then subsequent certificate from any registered Islamic centers about completing a course. [b'>You are not allowed to get married within 2 weeks from the date of issue of the embracing Islam certificate. [/b'>I assume your father is not a Muslim, therefore the certificate in point 2. would be just enough. 2. Then you need your singleness certificate issued in your country and fully attested, legally translated into Arabic by translators certified by Ministry of Justice (MOJ). 1. Not sure where you recieved your information, but I took the shahada the same day (and recieved the the islam booklet [they don't issue certificates'> about an hour before heading to the marriage side of the court) I got married and recieve my marriage booklet. 2. I only had to write a paper for my Embassy here to attest stating that I haven't been married before.
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 14:49
Assalamu Aleykum and congratulations! 1. You as new converted Muslim need to have original certificate from Dubai courts about embracing Islam and then subsequent certificate from any registered Islamic centers about completing a course. You are not allowed to get married within 2 weeks from the date of issue of the embracing Islam certificate. I assume your father is not a Muslim, therefore the certificate in point 2. would be just enough. 2. Then you need your singleness certificate issued in your country and fully attested, legally translated into Arabic by translators certified by Ministry of Justice (MOJ). 3. You and your fiance need to go to a government hospital/clinic to do premarital medical checkup and obtain certificate from there. Without having this certificate you are not allowed to get married at Dubai Courts. 4. Your original birth certificate, legally translated to Arabic, same as singleness certificate. 5. For your fiance - he needs only Emirates ID and the premarital medical certificate as he's Muslim man since birth. But here might be some special requirements related to his nationality, here you need advise from someone who's gone through the same with Lebanese guy. 6. Then you need to make appointment through Dubai Courts website, show up later on with all the documents, pay fees and khalas :) Good luck!
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 14:20
Yes you need the proof that you are not married, the court won't marry you without it. If you know how to get it, best to get it done as soon as you can.
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 12:36
I'm not sure how the Dubai courts are as my marriage was in the Abu Dhabi courts, but they were very clear about getting the attestation from my embassy that I was a "virgin".. hahaha.. I mean, never married before. As an American who married an Emirati I took the shahada in court (the same day) we got officially married and that made things very easy (it was either that or get a signed document from my dad saying that he agrees to let me marry DH...). <em>edited by sharoniouz on 23/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 15:52
Thank you @Sharoniouz... To be honest i have already idea how to produce this Singleness Certificate but is it really part of requirements in Dubai Court? and does your marriage in Dubai Court took fast during that time? Are you also a Muslim, if you dont mind?
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 15:42
You may want to check with your embassy on this one. When I got married (in Abu Dhabi) I ran into the same issue. I had to go to my embassy (US) here with a paper stating that I have never been married before, sign it in front of them and have them attest it.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY