Global village: what's ur surprise find this year? | ExpatWoman.com

Global village: what's ur surprise find this year?

Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 17:19

Hello ladies

So global village is back again and full of crowds as usual. Some
New countries also added. Would be interesting to find out what's ur surprise find this year, which country and for how much.

My friend recently bought a animal Skin from the African section. Exact replica of the one in Zara but offcourse 1/3rd price.
I really like the small furniture shop in Spain section.
Share your finds so that we can go and check em out next time!

Latest post on 26 December 2014 - 16:21
What are the opening times please.
Latest post on 25 December 2014 - 10:26
I went last night, found it much better than previous years. The new layout is a vast improvement. It's not a surprise find as such but my children loved the Deception show they have on. I normally moan about having to take my children (who think it is marvelous) but dare I say it, this year I actually enjoyed going. Same here... We went after 2 or 3 years as DH hates it somehow.... since his friends made a plan to go together he conceded... i already like it but was pleasantly surprised to see so many changes... its much more festive somehow... the entrance looks great now... esp loved the Dancing Fountain... !
Latest post on 25 December 2014 - 09:10
I loved the Vietnamese village for their handmade paintings and wood crafts. Nothing else was interesting for me all other villages seemed Chinese! :)
Latest post on 24 December 2014 - 19:38
Oh wow! I definitely need to check out the perfume shop now! Has anyone tried their hand at the hair extensions being sold in different countries such as Thailand etc. also curious about the towels and gorgoues bedding being sold in Turkish section. I always look at them and want to buy but not sure of the quality.
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 16:34
Not exactly an exotic find by any means, but there is a large shop in the Europe section selling half price perfumes and they have quite a big selection. They have a couple of outlet shops in Dubai somewhere, all perfumes are sealed and there are testers - pretty legit it seemed. So yeah it was nice to get some cheaper perfume! I think you are talking about Bellissimo. I haven't been to Global Village but Bellissimo pops up at all kinda sale events. I bought perfumes from there at a sale event a couple of years ago and they were a good deal. Their physical store is at Dubai Outlet Mall and prices are the same I believe Yes you're right that is the name of the shop. I would say they sell at about 50% of retail price. The shop was crawling with people!
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 15:38
I went last night, found it much better than previous years. The new layout is a vast improvement. It's not a surprise find as such but my children loved the Deception show they have on. I normally moan about having to take my children (who think it is marvelous) but dare I say it, this year I actually enjoyed going.
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 15:05
Not exactly an exotic find by any means, but there is a large shop in the Europe section selling half price perfumes and they have quite a big selection. They have a couple of outlet shops in Dubai somewhere, all perfumes are sealed and there are testers - pretty legit it seemed. So yeah it was nice to get some cheaper perfume! I think you are talking about Bellissimo. I haven't been to Global Village but Bellissimo pops up at all kinda sale events. I bought perfumes from there at a sale event a couple of years ago and they were a good deal. Their physical store is at Dubai Outlet Mall and prices are the same I believe
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 14:49
Not exactly an exotic find by any means, but there is a large shop in the Europe section selling half price perfumes and they have quite a big selection. They have a couple of outlet shops in Dubai somewhere, all perfumes are sealed and there are testers - pretty legit it seemed. So yeah it was nice to get some cheaper perfume!
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 11:08
Well I wouldn't comment on that as it's everyone's personal choice. Also I am pretty sure what she got is faux. Would be great to hear what you guys found good this year or what are must buy items for people every year at global village.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 09:14
I found the animal furs incredibly appalling personally. Doesn't matter how low the price. I agree Cherpie. Why would anyone wear real fur in this day and age when we know how these animals are raised and killed. It is appalling and inhumane to say the least. Faux Fur or No Fur is the only human choice
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 07:38
I found the animal furs incredibly appalling personally. Doesn't matter how low the price.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY