teenager problems | ExpatWoman.com

teenager problems

Latest post on 24 December 2014 - 07:42
Many thanks ladies for your help. The girl is nearly 16. This is a tricky situation here.
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 08:48
Doctors here will not prescribe contraception unless the patient is married or needs the pill to regulate her flow or for skin issues. However contraceptives can be purchased over the counter. It's a very tricky situation in this region - I would suggest sitting the girl down and discussing all the options and methods with her - or getting a mild contraceptive before they can travel home and see a doctor about it. The mother could also go and see the doctor on her own and discuss a "hypothetical" situation.
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 21:14
How old is the girl ?
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 19:28
Ladies, a bit of a tricky one tonight. A friend of mine has a teenage daughter and just discovered that her daughter has recently got a serious boyfriend. My friend is aware of the law here but is unsure how a clinic or doctor will react if she makes an appointment with her daughter to see a doctor to discuss contraception. A sensitive subject I know but if you just want to protect your teen here is this an option or would my friend risk being reported?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY