ADEWA rise 2015 | ExpatWoman.com

ADEWA rise 2015

Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 21:13

With effect January 1 2015 Abu Dhabi are raising the price of water and electricity.10% for Emiratis and 100% for expats

Latest post on 27 December 2014 - 22:44
yes its going up a lot... only in abu dhabi so its ADDC
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 17:50
Here is a link to the info. http://rsb.gov.ae/en/sector/new-water-and-electricity-tariffs-structure
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 10:34
Well now there is something to look forward to in the New Year, whooppee I just can not wait to pay even more. :party: Do you live in Abu Dhabi? Mods - change the title of the thread plase and add an "A" and perhaps move to the Abu Dhabi board.
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 10:13
Well now there is something to look forward to in the New Year, whooppee I just can not wait to pay even more. :party:
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 09:11
To be honest it's not a bad thing, especially with regards to water consumption. People ue it like it's going out of fashion, not a precious resource. They seem to forget that they live in the desert when they're watering their driveways to clean them, instead of brushing them, leaving sprinklers on all day in gardens etc. People need to be more aware of their consumption, so it should make people more careful with how they use it. You are being very idealistic..... If saving a precious resource is the aim then surely the price increase would be the same for every user?
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 08:55
To be honest it's not a bad thing, especially with regards to water consumption. People ue it like it's going out of fashion, not a precious resource. They seem to forget that they live in the desert when they're watering their driveways to clean them, instead of brushing them, leaving sprinklers on all day in gardens etc. People need to be more aware of their consumption, so it should make people more careful with how they use it. I think a very short percentage of expats really have driveways to water..... although the wastage of water is condemn-able wherever one is in the world, desert or not, as water resources are depleting and it needs to be conserved by every person on this planet... but majority expats in UAE will be hard hit by this hike... awareness should be spread through stronger campaigns rather than drastically hiking the prices ... an expat with a driveway might stop watering it to control their bill but what are other's suppose to against this new living cost?
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 08:41
To be honest it's not a bad thing, especially with regards to water consumption. People ue it like it's going out of fashion, not a precious resource. They seem to forget that they live in the desert when they're watering their driveways to clean them, instead of brushing them, leaving sprinklers on all day in gardens etc. People need to be more aware of their consumption, so it should make people more careful with how they use it.
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 07:32
I think you mean ADEWA not DEWA!!!!!
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 07:28
Time to pack up! Rent increase. Now this. No salary increases to compensate, smaller packages everyday. The country really seems to be pushing ppl out.
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 21:51
This is what I found: [i'>'According to the slabs, while UAE nationals are currently exempt from paying any charges for utilising water, they will be charged a fee of between Dh1.7 and Dh1.89 per thousand litres, depending on the consumption. Water tariff for expats, meanwhile, will change from a flat Dh2.2 per thousand litres to between Dh5 and Dh5.5 per thousand litres, depending on the consumption. On the other hand, UAE nationals will be charged between 5 and 5.5 fils per kWh as power tariff, as opposed to the current flat rate of 5 filer per kWh. For expats, the slab changes from the current flat rate of 15 fils per kWh to 21 fils (for up to 20 kWh per day) and a cost-reflective tariff for consumption above 20 kWh a day.'[/i'> So for expats that means roughly a 50% increase for electricity and a 130% for water. Give or take. <em>edited by Notnewintown on 22/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 21:42
But where does it say it's a 100% increase?
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 21:32
http://www.aadc.ae/en/tariff.aspx Play around with this converter. 7 days for expat is nearly 500 dirhams and only 100 for local. Im sure Dubai will follow suit.
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 21:29
I truly hope Dubai does not follow suit :(
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 21:26
The new tariff structure will apply to water and electricity consumption from 1 January 2015 and will be reflected in the bills from then onwards. ADDC and AADC are ready to assist all customers by implementing new water and electricity conservation initiatives through an awareness strategy that will help instil a culture to conserve these precious resources. The restructuring of tariffs will help drive understanding of the true value of water and electricity which, in turn, supports the sustainable growth of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We all have a part to play in reducing consumption. With small changes to our daily habits we can make a big difference, especially if we all act together.” For more information about the new tariffs visit www.addc.ae or www.aadc.ae <em>edited by ladymary on 22/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 21:20
With effect January 1 2015 Abu Dhabi are raising the price of water and electricity.10% for Emiratis and 100% for expats Is 100% a typo? You really mean it will be doubled? :\:
Latest post on 22 December 2014 - 21:16
Will that also affect Dubai?