Springs or JVT? | ExpatWoman.com

Springs or JVT?

Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 01:02

I posted about moving to Dubai and places to love about a month ago but can't find my old post...
We are moving from the UK in a few months time and want to be near media city. So far it seems like a villa in the Springs to JVT are the best options, could anyone who knows the areas give me some input please?
Thanks!

Latest post on 24 December 2014 - 23:33
Thanks for your replies guys it's been really helpful! I think JVT might be ok once the building is done and the villas look great! I have a 20 months old boy so he might be ok on the local playground for a few years. :)
Latest post on 24 December 2014 - 09:23
Yes the villas in JVT are more modern than Springs and most of the initial snags have been sorted now. it is still quite a building site around the edges as they are in the process of completing various apartments blocks and eventually a shopping mall. As far as I am aware there will never be a communal pool in JVT, a lot of people have built their own in the gardens. Yes there are one or two very small playgrounds, but nothing to suit kids over about the age of 6/7. A number of people have joined Jumeirah Islands Club, there is quite a lot at Motor City which is about 5 minutes away, or there's always The Polo Club near Arabian Ranches, which is very nice. We personally like it as we have pets and the villas are well separated so we never feel we are disturbing or being disturbed by our neighbours. Regards commuting to Media City it's a breeze :)
Latest post on 24 December 2014 - 08:26
Without traffic the commute from AR could be less than 15 mins(depending on which part of the Ranches you lived in). The current issue is the huge hold-ups actually getting out of the Ranches onto Umm Suqeim Rd. The queues at peak times are awful :(
Latest post on 24 December 2014 - 00:03
I also like the look of Arabian Ranches but is it commutable to media city?
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 19:29
Thanks Geordie expat, the villas in JVT look much nicer and more modern than most in Springs. My husband seems set on JVT but I like Springs as it seems more established and more lush and green. JVT looks a bit " barren" and a bit of a building site but maybe I'm looking at old pictures? Do you like it there? I would enjoy a pool and a playground, do you know if they are building some? Thanks!
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 08:57
We live on JVT and yes I think the villas are more spacious than the ones I looked at in Springs, also the gardens are huge. On the downside JVT has only a couple of shops and a pharmacy, end of!!! No proper parks, pools or kids play areas. It really depends on what you're looking for.
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 01:57
Thank you I did read all the replies. I think we narrowed our search down so I'm mainly interested in the difference between Springs and JVT and which one is "better" if anyone has an opinion?
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 01:49
I bumped your original post as there's lots of replies, good luck :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY