Selling a car | ExpatWoman.com

Selling a car

Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 21:02

Hi! I am thinking of selling my car but I don't know how much it is worth. Is there a website that can tell me this? Thanks.

Latest post on 18 February 2015 - 10:01
Just to update on this. We sold DH car today which is less than three years old and it had to be tested. We were told that any car which changes hands, must be tested no matter what the age.
Latest post on 09 February 2015 - 14:59
GA - Correct, they will only cancel the tag, not the account, so other tags under the same account will not be affected.
Latest post on 09 February 2015 - 14:21
I think the Salik is automatically stopped when a car is transferred to a new owner. So if you take the tag off the window this should be sufficient. A friend was selling their car and transferred it to me as they had to leave before the buyer had the cash. We didn't think about the salik so when we went to the RTA to sign the papers there was a Salik charge outstanding as the tag was cancelled on the first transfer ..... I hope that makes sense. Thank you so much. I am hoping it is as easy as just taking the tag off the windscreen. All you have to do is remove the tag, call them (800 SALIK) and give them your account and tag number and it will be deactivated within 2-3 days. So it will just deactivate that tag and not the account as we have anothe car on the same account?
Latest post on 09 February 2015 - 14:11
I think the Salik is automatically stopped when a car is transferred to a new owner. So if you take the tag off the window this should be sufficient. A friend was selling their car and transferred it to me as they had to leave before the buyer had the cash. We didn't think about the salik so when we went to the RTA to sign the papers there was a Salik charge outstanding as the tag was cancelled on the first transfer ..... I hope that makes sense. Thank you so much. I am hoping it is as easy as just taking the tag off the windscreen. All you have to do is remove the tag, call them (800 SALIK) and give them your account and tag number and it will be deactivated within 2-3 days.
Latest post on 09 February 2015 - 14:06
I think the Salik is automatically stopped when a car is transferred to a new owner. So if you take the tag off the window this should be sufficient. A friend was selling their car and transferred it to me as they had to leave before the buyer had the cash. We didn't think about the salik so when we went to the RTA to sign the papers there was a Salik charge outstanding as the tag was cancelled on the first transfer ..... I hope that makes sense. Thank you so much. I am hoping it is as easy as just taking the tag off the windscreen.
Latest post on 09 February 2015 - 12:50
I think the Salik is automatically stopped when a car is transferred to a new owner. So if you take the tag off the window this should be sufficient. A friend was selling their car and transferred it to me as they had to leave before the buyer had the cash. We didn't think about the salik so when we went to the RTA to sign the papers there was a Salik charge outstanding as the tag was cancelled on the first transfer ..... I hope that makes sense.
Latest post on 09 February 2015 - 12:02
Can anyone please help?
Latest post on 09 February 2015 - 09:29
If we sell our second car, will it be sufficient to take the Salik tag off the windscreen and destroy it? Both cars have alwasy been in DH name and so we only have one Salik account. Thanks
Latest post on 26 December 2014 - 21:46
if you dont want to go through all the hassle maybe you can sell it to secondhand car showrooms... now that you know what your car is worth they might not rip you... Car dealers will *always* give you the lowest price. They have to re-sell your car, and they can't sell it for *more* than its market price, so to make it worth their while they have to buy it at *below* market price. You're only in with a chance for a better price if you're using your car as a trade-in. If you want the best possible price for your car you *have* to sell it privately. But bear in mind that sellers routinely think their cars are worth more than they actually are, and unless you have something rare and desirable, it's a buyers' market. If you want to sell quickly, set a reasonable price in line with the market as indicated by prices for similar models on Dubizzle or in Auto Trader. <em>edited by VelmaDoo on 26/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 26 December 2014 - 06:49
Thanks for all your responses, Ladies.
Latest post on 24 December 2014 - 16:17
Or you can get all of it done through a company ... my friend got an estimate done through a car registration company (i use their services for my renewal too) ... she was pretty happy with them.. they also got her ownership transfer done i believe .... just googled their website, its www.icarregistration.com ... I would say take your time and don't be in a hurry if you want a good bargain... Good luck !
Latest post on 24 December 2014 - 09:07
Thanks Ladies. I have found the value of my car. Now does anyone know how I go about selling a car? What is the procedure? Advertise on dubizzle and other active forums for cars (one is petrolheads i believe) and see for a few days what offers you get... if you dont want to go through all the hassle maybe you can sell it to secondhand car showrooms... now that you know what your car is worth they might not rip you... btw petrolheads has very active discussion forum and guys there might be able to guide you well on how to go about things way better than here... i see really hardcore car talk going on there at times... !
Latest post on 24 December 2014 - 06:20
Thanks Ladies. I have found the value of my car. Now does anyone know how I go about selling a car? What is the procedure?
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 21:13
You can get an estimate of your car by make year and specs here http://www.drivearabia.com/ultimatecarbuyerguide/uae/
Latest post on 23 December 2014 - 21:09
Comparing model and year with others on Dubizzle is a good start. If its a relatively new car maybe ask the dealership for resale prices.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY