Moving to Dubai - Living Recommendations | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Dubai - Living Recommendations

Latest post on 05 January 2015 - 16:51

Hi there. my name is Vino and coming to Dubai to live in Jan 2015. My husband has been offered a job in Dubai. For living areas, we are considering either Downtown Dubai or Mirdiff. Anyone has any reviews on these areas? And which is a better place to live in? thanks!

Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 23:23
Hi Vino, Mirdiff is quite far but a way much cheaper than Downtown, most of the inhabitants are from UAE comparing to Downtown 90% westerns. However there are more and more western expats moving to Mirdiff as most of the living are big villas and for the same price you get a 1 to 2 bedroom flat in Downtown (not that big..) but you are near Dubai mall and more close to the beach that in Mirdiff. You should consider your place you will live once you will know the aera you will work as the traffic can be terrible in Dubai at certain places. Welcome !
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 16 January 2015 - 13:36
I think your first consideration must be which school you intend to enrol your kids (if you have any) - morning and afternoon traffic is a huge problem in Dubai and can make a 20 minute commute turn into a 2 hour ordeal. Second, what is your budget or company allowance or is your company providing the accommodation directly? Both areas you suggest are nice areas. I would mention that parts of Mirdiff are in the direct flight path for take off and landing into Dubai airport - and some areas are noisy.
Latest post on 14 January 2015 - 09:08
Hi Vino, We moved to Dubai this January too and are looking for apartments as well! it would be good to connect and share thoughts!
Latest post on 05 January 2015 - 20:45
Welcome ... Where to live is governed by where DH works or more importantly what your budget is .. Try to search 'newbie dubai' lots of associated and helpful threads xx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY