Has anyone flown Turkish Airlines? | ExpatWoman.com

Has anyone flown Turkish Airlines?

Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 09:58
We've flown with TA 3 times and all 3 times our experience was better than with Emirates. Crew were great, food quality good entertainment was also very good. We'll be using TA again over the summer.
Latest post on 26 February 2015 - 20:46
Turkish Airlines is the biggest airline company of Turkey and as a local, I always rely on their services, flew to a lot of destinations from NY to Amsterdam, and made hundereds of domestic fly, never noticed a leak of security. Also TA has been a member of the world’s largest airline group, Star Alliance-for like 7 years-, which makes them following several common regulations and standards. In terms of Airport services, it is totally a different company running Ataturk Airport ground services, where on earth have you seen an airline company responsible of the ground services of the airport that it landed? Even if you've seen any, that is not on Turkey, I can assure you that.. <em>edited by xN on 26/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 13 January 2015 - 11:34
I flew with them last year and they were really good much better than BA I might agree on that!
Latest post on 12 January 2015 - 22:17
I flew with them last year and they were really good much better than BA
Latest post on 11 January 2015 - 18:38
I flew with them 3 years ago and vowed I never would again, but due to the costs of their competition I did,last Easter and this Christmas.I found them to be good enough. The attendants were pleasant, and they held the connecting flight over for us as we were late leaving Dubai.Iwould ot hesitate to fly with them again if I miss the Emirates deals. <em>edited by Pink Lily on 11/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 11 January 2015 - 15:17
The above has not been my experience on the Dubai Istanbul route, they may be good for long haul but definitely on the route the OP is asking about I would never voluntarily go with TA. Cheap yes, reliable not always, often delays in Istanbul and no explanations given, and always very very full particularly late evening flights with lots of boozed up single guys who hit on the FA's, agree the FA's work hard to cope but the food is appalling and the seats in econ very cramped. Last time I used them a couple of years ago I flew biz class thinking it would be better. Not really at all, seats were a bit bigger but did not fully recline and food was still gross, mind you I don't like Turkish or any exotic food anyway but they did not have even one dish to cater to blander tastes, to be fair though I have had the same catering problems with Qatar airways and Emirates even on long haul routes. <em>edited by NinaD on 11/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 11 January 2015 - 15:06
In particular, Dubai to Istanbul? Are they reliable? How's the services? What's the experience like in economy and in business? TIA Hi ladies! I've been a frequent flyer with Turkish Airlines for last 5-6 years. Are they reliable? – of course they are! Strange question actually. They got several years in a row the best European airline award. Their flights are always packed. It might be “uncomfortable” as we want to lie down to the whole raw but having empty seats on board is not a good sign for a carrier. How's the services? – Food - the catering is really nice! Approach - you’ll not be pampered as a queen on board for sure but all the needs and reasonable requests will be solved. I never had a bad experience with their service. If you are in business of course the expectations are higher and they not be met – it depends on WHAT do you expect but in economy – these girls and boys from crew are running around (maybe with some lack on English ) but they are not arrogant or rude. I saw many time their special assistance to the passengers with kids and babies. Guess these Turks are too sensitive to the kids… I travelled with them a couple of times long haul (JFK) in comfort class as they call premium economy – verrrrry good! They are not the best, no! But very very good. Solid, reliable, verrrry fast growing. Their network – oh!! Lufthansa will not take you to that German towns there TK flights! I didn't go to Africa but I have some friends and they are happy that this is an European carrier which can take them from Europe/Americas to Africa. And again – the flights are packed! And the last thing – airport in Istanbul – ladies please don't mix handling, customs and a carrier! These are all totally different companies! ;) Take care xxx
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 22:54
Hi Neamhi, Happy New. Year to you too !! When Admin add PM I will drop you a line. Sorry for the drift......OP. How are you Nomad, thinking of you the other day :) Happy new year . Looking forward to hearing from you
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 22:00
Hi Neamhi, Happy New. Year to you too !! When Admin add PM I will drop you a line. Sorry for the drift......OP.
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 21:43
I hate Turkish air lines with a vengeance . I hardly ever log in to EW any more but decided to just to comment here. Firstly Istanbul airport is disorganised & always seems extremely full no matter what time of the year it is. The security staff are rather ignorant & when you have a problem with your flight ( Missed connection because Turkish took off an hour late ) they are unhelpful & incompetent. The cabin crew are hit & miss . Mostly miss & on one occasion the senior member of the cabin crew became rude & loud when dealing with a problem that was of his making. We were told later by another crew member he had high blood pressure !!! The food I never eat so I cant comment on it. On occasions I have ordered a fruit meal which generally dosent materialise. The flights I have been on have been late departing about 50% of the time. My last flight the in flight map wasn't working for the entire flight the connection to my last flight the wrong time showed on the map system ie time to destination . I am actually taking a longer & more expensive flight because I just cant tolerate the idea of flying with Turkish air. I am really quite reasonable & Im happy landing safely at my destination. Turkish air are the only airline Ive ever actually had any huge problems with. Oh as for making a complaint ........ Please don't waste your time they don't respond . Travel safely Ladies & Happy new year
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 20:18
I have been given the impression, get on these planes - but leave your EK BA QA experiences at home and you will be fine! They are not in the big leagues for a reason I second, third and fourth pollydxb1's caveats! Point A to B in economy is tolerable. Fares are okay but service and cabin cleanliness are hit and miss, and business seats are not worth upgrading yourself from economy ones (I'd attach the photo of 'champagne' served in a paper cup, if I could)... although the Business Lounge in Istanbul is really fantabulous.
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 17:34
DD has been using them for the last 3 years cos they serve the smaller airports and connect at Istanbul which she thinks is infinitely preferable to Heathrow. She's not had any problems and pretty much thinks the same as mumcurious.Prices are good too.
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 17:12
I flew with them for a short internal flight in Turkey and wasn't too impressed! The door to the cockpit flew open on take-off and there was a runaway trolley as well ... OMG safety hazard much!
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 16:30
I flew with them for a short internal flight in Turkey and wasn't too impressed! The door to the cockpit flew open on take-off and there was a runaway trolley as well ...
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 11:42
Hi I flew with them (Return to Istanbul) a few years ago and they were fine. Flight was packed though, probably due to low fare. My parents flew with them regularly for a while (before there were direct flights from Brus to Dxb) and were quite happy too. Obviously not the same as EK but does the job if you just want to get from A to B!
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 10:52
I have been given the impression, get on these planes - but leave your EK BA QA experiences at home and you will be fine! They are not in the big leagues for a reason
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 10:09
Thanks for the responses. The reviews I had seen online were pretty dire, so it's always worth checking!
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 09:18
I went summer 2013 and it was pretty standard, no real problems- flights on time, no seating issues, was ok.
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 09:04
We flew last Oct with them and it was quite ok, neither too bad not extremely great, a normal airline experience, if you may. :)
Latest post on 05 January 2015 - 21:15
My experience was in 2009 and it was rubbish - but, as said above, it may have improved.
Latest post on 05 January 2015 - 20:57
Yes I have 2 years back in economy. Very good service overall. I had flown with them before that in 2008 and it was abominable but then they rehauled everything and it was so much better.
Latest post on 05 January 2015 - 20:24
In particular, Dubai to Istanbul? Are they reliable? How's the services? What's the experience like in economy and in business? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY