New to the forum- kids allergy concern | ExpatWoman.com

New to the forum- kids allergy concern

Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 18:29

Hi everyone!!
I m new to the forum, we ll be moving to Abu Dhabi in August.
My 5 months old baby, is cow s milk protein allergic. I was wondering if any moms in the forum go thru the same situation, if so if you know wether it s easy or not to access dairy free products in local supermarkets or stores??
It may sound silly, but he s diet is so strict ,its one of my main concerns we can find everything he needs easily!!
Thank you very much!!:)

Latest post on 16 January 2015 - 05:08
Thanks ninap!! :)
Latest post on 08 January 2015 - 17:44
There is a fb page which you may find useful - Allergy Awareness Abu Dhabi. My son has a nut allergy, it has been good to get info on this site. https://www.facebook.com/groups/482465818462045/?fref=ts
Latest post on 08 January 2015 - 17:33
I really recommend Novalac Allernova it has all the nutrients your kid needs to grow up safe and sound! when you want to start feeding him solid food it will not have any effects on the allergy as long as you keep on feeding him allernova milk to make sure he doesnt miss out on any nutrients that can be found only in milk and stay away from any other dairy product!
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 18:46
Thanks!! I ll check it out with the docs, we re on neocate now doing great!! My main concern is he starts eating solids son and I wonder if it s easy to find suitable food for him.
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 18:42
Try getting Novalac Allernova! it's a great formula for allergies, I tried it! Works like a miracle
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 18:41
Thanks!! But he s allergy is so severe, he can t have any dairy products or animal s milk, he reacts immediately. As he s allergic not intolerant, the treatment is very strict we have to watch out for non dairy products and no cross contamination. We have a special formula he s being fed right now. I was browsing local supermarkets on the web but couldn t get much info. I appreciate all ideas and info given. Thanks for your answer ;) <em>edited by travellingmommy2015 on 06/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 18:35
You can get lactose free milk and other products in Dubai, not sure about AD. However one thing you will definitely get in AD is Camel's milk, which you should try. Dh is lactose intolerant and has no problems with the 0% fat camel milk (but does with the full cream camel milk).