Where Can I Get Antibiotics? | ExpatWoman.com

Where Can I Get Antibiotics?

Latest post on 07 January 2015 - 17:56

Hello ladies, I'm new in town and need to get antibiotics, is a prescription needed? do any pharmacies sell over the counter? If I need a prescription how much does a doctor visit usually charge here if I don't currently have insurance? TIA

Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 22:04
Hello ladies, I'm new in town and need to get antibiotics, is a prescription needed? do any pharmacies sell over the counter? If I need a prescription how much does a doctor visit usually charge here if I don't currently have insurance? TIA yes you should get a script from the doc.. but some pharamcy will give over the counter but they shouldnt.
Latest post on 24 January 2015 - 16:07
It depends on the pharmacist it seems. I went to a local pharmacy and they said no but the I tried (croaked in fact) Boots and said I know its sometimes a problem but I know I need them again and could he please help and he did. I got some from another pharmacy once, then the next time they said nope. Generally they do help but if not, try another one. I have now found one that generally does, near the airport and I go there. Good luck!
Latest post on 08 January 2015 - 10:32
Do you know where I could get them over the counter? I called boots and they said they couldn't I know exactly what I need. Been in the health care field for over 6years in the US, recently moved here and don't have insurance or a doctor yet. Go to Life Pharmacy (is there one in AD?) and ask. Looks like it isn't legal but they all are doing it. I personally wouldn't ring, just visit a branch. http://www.thenational.ae/uae/health/survey-finds-abu-dhabi-pharmacies-unlawfully-selling-prescription-only-medicine Someone previously said Don't try buying antibiotics from any Boots chemist - they all require a prescription as they would in the UK. <em>edited by Alismum on 08/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 08 January 2015 - 10:24
Do you know where I could get them over the counter? I called boots and they said they couldn't I know exactly what I need. Been in the health care field for over 6years in the US, recently moved here and don't have insurance or a doctor yet. I just went to one of the usual pharmacies, here in Dubai we have Bin Sina, Life and a number of others and told them exactly what I wanted. Never thought to even try Boots
Latest post on 08 January 2015 - 10:19
Do you know where I could get them over the counter? I called boots and they said they couldn't I know exactly what I need. Been in the health care field for over 6years in the US, recently moved here and don't have insurance or a doctor yet.
Latest post on 07 January 2015 - 21:49
Yes you can get them over the counter. If you know which one you want then go and ask.
Latest post on 07 January 2015 - 20:13
I think you do need a prescription, although I would be very hesitant to take them unless you had some sort of severe bacterial infection or the like. Antibiotics really mess with your gut health and overuse can cause a whole host of problems. Not that you need a lecture! I'm sure you know this! Ring up an Aster Pharmacy. I find the pharmacists really helpful there! Tell them your symptoms and they can advise if you should see a doctor