Job then visa, or visa then job??? | ExpatWoman.com

Job then visa, or visa then job???

Latest post on 09 January 2015 - 21:55

Hi, I'm really interested in moving to Canada (after 3 years in Dubai I've realised sunshine isn't everything!) but I'm a bit confused on the best process to follow. I don't have any sort of visa, and I believe I need a job offer to apply for a work permit - so do I just apply for jobs now, and then deal with the visa/permit if I'm successful, or should I be applying for something else first? I've already applied for a couple of jobs, but I'm worried they won't even consider my application as I've said I don't have right to work in Canada!!! Help!!! I've been through the website, but didn't find it made things much clearer - I believe I can apply for Express Entry - but do I need to sit an IELTS, even though I'm a native English speaker?

Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 22:40
It is easier to come to Canada as an expatriate and then convert to an immigrant. Looking for a job may take a while here.
Latest post on 10 January 2015 - 18:48
Have you been looking at the government website? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp?_ga=1.266339278.1562666603.1420898023 Be aware there's been all kinds of problems with the Temporary Foreign Worker program in recent months (some employers were abusing it and treating workers badly) so the government has changed the rules, which may or may not affect you. For sure it would be easier to job hunt if you were in the country and available for interview. Have you been to Canada before or have friends or relative here? Trying to get a job when you're not in country and available for interview is extremely hard (as it is anywhere) unless you have skills which are in very short supply. Good luck!