MYP&IB (calling all IB parents) | ExpatWoman.com

MYP&IB (calling all IB parents)

Latest post on 16 January 2015 - 12:30

Hello,
My son is in grad 9 now and wanted to do IB. Just wondering, what is the best way to get into IB ..does he have to finish MYP or can get easily into IB without the MYP?! And to get into IB do you have to get a certain grads ?! Please share with us your own experience ,,,thank you

Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 19:55
Hello, My son is in grad 9 now and wanted to do IB. Just wondering, what is the best way to get into IB ..does he have to finish MYP or can get easily into IB without the MYP?! And to get into IB do you have to get a certain grads ?! Please share with us your own experience ,,,thank you Yes your son either has to be in an IB school system now or to transfer to a school offering IB fulfil their (schools) own requirements. From the UK system they will need to have completed and passed at a good level IGCSE's or GCSE's. IB candidates will be required to have attained a certain number of grades, each school will determine the amount they require to join their school. Really the best thing is to look at the schools your son is interested in and then contact the school and speak directly to a Director of Studies about entrance requirements. HTH
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 18:51
MYP starts in year 10, it's a two year course which then leads to IB Diploma another two year course which starts in year 12. Here is the link for IB World Schools, this will give you a list of all MYP/IB Schools in the world, just use the filters to drill down to Dubai. http://www.ibo.org/en/programmes/find-an-ib-school/
Latest post on 16 January 2015 - 12:43
I have called an IB school and they said they are starting from grad 10. Do you have a child who attend an IB school ?!
Latest post on 16 January 2015 - 12:33
IB course starts when a child is 16 years old.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY