No extension on tourist visa anymore | ExpatWoman.com

No extension on tourist visa anymore

Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 16:15
What about the visa on arrival, there is currently no fee for that, has that been changed too or is this new rule only about the visas for citizens who do not get VOA where you have to apply for in advance? If visa on arrival citizens can not longer extend visit visa by another 30 days as before then that would do away with making visa runs across to Oman as well as renewing at the dept on Immigration. That would be very life changing for a lot of people especially job seekers. edited by chezmoi on 21/01/2015 I don't know what impact the changes will have on those going to Oman, and whether it affects everyone including those who get visa on arrival. Maybe they will have to get a 3 month VOA instead??? I wonder if this 3 month visa can be extended? edited by Alismum on 21/01/2015 How do you get a 3 month VOA? I don't know Polly, perhaps they will give the option on arrival. Maybe someone who is coming in the next week or two on a tourist visa can tell us? It's only in the news today [i'>(XPRESS could not get an immediate confirmation on the new development)[/i'> so no doubt there will be clarification in the days ahead (one would hope :) ) http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/government/tourist-visa-cost-goes-up-no-extension-allowed-1.1437853 edited by Alismum on 21/01/2015 It was in the paper just after the new rule came in on January 1st...nobody understood it then either !! lol
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 10:38
How about the extension you have free for 10 days?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY