Mirage Compound in Al Waab - advice needed! | ExpatWoman.com

Mirage Compound in Al Waab - advice needed!

Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 13:02
Hello, I live on Mirage Compound and have NO complaints here!!! It is a very friendly compound with lots of small children. I have been here now for two years and think it is ideally placed where it takes 20 mins roughly depending on traffic to get anywhere. Probably less to Villagio Mall which takes 10-15 minutes!! I wouldn't count on DC as a guaranteed place yet? Unless you have had confirmation on this in writing! I believe they have only just closed the post for applications. They will now have to look and see who they would like to assess? Schools here are a nightmare to get place!!! Limited spaces in all schools!!! Good Luck anyway.
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 09:08
Can't comment on the compound. I'm guessing you have a corporate place as DC Al Waab (I don't think they'd done assessments for September yet for non-corporate places). Just highlighting as that would be a long commute to DC West Bay. I'm sure people do it but I wouldn't be choosing to do it if you're not already tied into a rental contract.
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 02:08
Hi, my husband has been looking at villas in Al Waab for me and my 2 girls (6 years and 6 months) to live in when we move over in April. My eldest is down to start Doha College in September so we have been trying to find a nice villa close enough to the school. The villa he is really keen on is the Mirage Compound in Al Waab that seems to have everything we require but I am still uncertain as I don't know the area and this is going to be our home for at least the next year. I have found some good reviews on the Internet regarding the compound but they were dated 2012 so was hoping for some up to date and honest reviews from anyone who has lived or knows someone who has lived there. Any information at all would be very much appreciated. Thanks Lisa